Weighing Grudges 007

'What you saw,' Aizawa tells to a shell shocked class after the viewing in a quiet classroom, 'stays with you. If it gets out, I assure you, we will find the person who spread the rumour and expel them. And punish the rest of you for letting it spread. You're all dismissed.'

'What?' A blinking Dunce face states, 'for the rest of the...'

'Did I stutter?' Aizawa repeats, and reluctantly the sounds of scraping chairs and scurrying students resound. They line by the door, slow at first but picking up the pace. Pink cheeks looks to Deku, Deku looks to her then glances at Katsuki, then Katsuki frowns. Upset that Deku noticed him, luckily though he's first at the door, and quick to leave.

'Make sure to spend this time well,' Aizawa reminds. Katsuki opens the door, backpack slung over his shoulder in the rush. People soon stumble out, Katsuki in the lead, marching off to the dorms to seal himself off. At the same time, 1-B's door opens. Students fleeing the room with more urgency than them. Murmuring things that can't be caught, not to spread the rumour, instead dispersing a smog of indecipherable sounds.

Then Deku speeds up to him. Katsuki puts more fury in his step. Deku turns his strides to long lopes, Katsuki is a pinch away from running. Deku tries to reach out to him, and Katsuki finally bolts. Backpack slamming solidly into Deku at his jarring getaway, then he's dashing down the hall. Away from where Deku would be too questioning, too wondering, too confused. A smog of whatever turns to a uprise of confusion.

'Bakugou?-'

'Hey- you hit Deku-kun!'

'Woah, man, you OK?'

'Ooh, Class 1-A Drama!' The last one distinctively the fuckface from 1-B.

Katsuki doesn't need to look back to know how Deku is. Probably gripping his cheek or face or something, and peering at Katsuki with a spark of conquest. Katsuki never thought he'd ever, in a million years, speed away from Deku like that. Katsuki nearly wants to turn around just to punch him to prove that he didn't just do that. To prove he was just... just not running away.

Like a coward.

๑՞.

He barely makes it to his dorm before he's yanking his jacket off, back against the door as if somebody's might claw it open. Katsuki tears off his clothes and is fast to change into new ones, then dropping on his bed. He knows at once that Deku told Pink Cheeks.

Katsuki knows because of how they stared at each other, how Pink cheek's voice was more enraged than concerned back there. Like she had expected Katsuki's action to come but was only half believing it, there had to be an audience too. A whole one, Class 1-B and Class 1-A were there. Katsuki smacking Deku with his backpack might substitute as a working rumour for people looking to spread one.

Then a knock at the door. It's fast and pressing, as if it might never go. Katsuki tries to wait it out, but then he can catch the muffle of a calling scream outside. Katsuki thanks the heavy set doors of U.A, because he can't catch a word this person is saying. But he can hear the tone even through the sturdy material.

It's... IcyHot.

Somehow his voice, simply yelling, piques Katsuki's interest high enough to sit up from bed. He grips the sheets, letting the sweat of his palms drench the cloth before finally getting up. The voice calls one more time, with another swift knock, then Katsuki's opening the door.

Instantly, he's slammed by a gust of frigid air mingling alongside a faint waft of smoke. IcyHot's eyes uncharacteristically lit up by a kindling flame, 'How did you know? Why did you hit Midoriya? Why did you know?'