Chapter 01

Kong's POV

Today is the first day at university. I could not help but think of how it would have been if they were with me. It is going to be an year in another one week when I lost them. Sometimes I hate that I have photogenic memory because.. I still remember that incident very clearly in my mind. each and every detail.. each and every scream.. I stood strong for my sisters.. I have become their pillar.. I did not let out any tears.. I stood strong for protecting my father's company.. his hardwork. 

I am going to stay in the dorm.. because I felt the home too cold without my parents in there.. I am thankful for those who are cleaning and looking after the house. They have been with my family since I could remember.

I and Em both of us are in the same faculty and same course. I was waiting for Em to come to my dorm.. his dorm was above mine.

"Kong.. are you ready..?" I heard Em calling by the door. I immediately grabbed my things and opened the door. He hugged me like every other time giving me the support.. he has been the brother I never had and my best friend always standing by me and helping me. We both left to the university after locking the door.

"Em.. do you think I should meet P'Oon today.?" I asked while waking.
"Of course.. I am pretty sure P won't like it if you don't meet him." He replied looking at me. I nodded. We both ate our breakfast and went to the faculty. We were guided to our classes. The teacher took the introduction today. We were also informed about hazing.. I respect hazing but I will also stand for something which will be not possible. Em is also same like me. 

After lunch we were given a T-shirt and a tag with student code return on it. We changed into them and then we sat in the cheer hall. The second year seniors were playing some game so that we can know each other's names. It was my turn now.. but the hall suddenly became silent when the doors opened revealing the third year seniors walking with stern and cold faces in a line. I sat down back.

When I saw back towards the seniors.. I was stunned to see P'Oon standing in the middle with an expression I have never seen.
"Kong.. is he the same P'Arthit we know.?" Em whispered. Yup only I get to call him P'Oon.
"I think so Em.. he has no siblings. So he must be P'Oon." I replied but I was not sure about that. My eyes met his for just a few seconds and I am pretty sure he recognized me but he did not even give a smile.. maybe he does not want to reveal about us knowing eachother. So I just shrugged and let it pass.

"Swadee Khab First years. I am Arthit Rojnapath, a third year senior student and your head hazer. I'm in-charge of taking care of you throughout this academic year so that you all will be disciplined. The main duty of you, first years, is to follow the rules strictly and attend the classes as well as the hazing sessions regularly based on the schedule." He said loud and clear. His voice was cold and strict.

"Swadee Khab. I am Tay Tawan and second in command." The person to the right of P'Oon said. I could not help but think maybe I should call him P'Arthit.
"I am Knot.. and please make sure to talk if you have any problem."
"I am Prem. I sincerely hope you all will follow the rules and our orders." 
"I am Bright.. One of the Hazer." 
"I am Tutah.."

They all introduced themselves. I have heard about P'Tay, P'Knot, P'Prem, P'Bright and P'Tutah from P'Arthit when he joined the university.. 

The hazing session went on. They told us the rules we need to follow. It included respecting the elders, being on time to the classes and hazing session, not skipping class or hazing session. They were quite reasonable ones.

"Now.. do you all want to know the seniors." P'Arthit asked. Some answered while some nodded.
"I need a loud answer. Do you all want to know the seniors.?" He shouted this time. All of us said 'Yes' Loudly.

"Then let me tell you all the first task.. you need to collect signatures from 1000 seniors in one week." He commanded.

"What the hell..? 1 week.. what is wrong with P'Arthit.." Em whispered.
"I don't know Em.. but 1 week is really tight.. practically near to impossible unless we skip class and collect them." I whispered back.

"Ah.. I forgot.. if you want to talk something.. Raise your hand and tell your name followed by your student if you want permission to speak." P'Arthit said. I and Em shared a look before I stood up.

"Student code 0062. Permission to speak." I said loud and clear.
"Speak." He said coldly.. I did not understand why was he replying so coldly.
"P.. please give us more time.. 1 week will be really tight.. we will do the task but please extend the time." I asked in the most kind way I could.
"Have you tried before asking for more time.?" He shouted at me. I wanted to give a come back to it.. but stopped myself when I felt Em tugging my leg slowly.
"Sit down.. and No one.. has the right to question my orders." He said and I sat down.

"Why did you stop me Em.? I wanted ask weather they did it or not.." I whispered to Em as I sat down.
"No Kong.. P'Arthit seemed more cold and different towards you.. I did not feel correct." He said.

"Now.. if you don't complete the task you will be receiving a punishment for that." P'Tay added. I and Em both of us wanted to go shout at them but sat silently not responding. 

They left after that and the second years gave us the books where we need to get the signatures.
"Mm.. Hey.. I am Tew.. You were great when you talked back you know." The person beside me said.
"Hi.. I am Kongpob. And this is Em.." I said. Two other people spoke to us Oak and Wad. I guess we 5 of us will click together. Em and Oak seem to share a common interest in games while I am a similar to Tew but actually like Wad. We had our lunch together and started collecting the signatures.

We actually did not have to do much.. I guess my interaction with P'Arthit seem to have made me famous. Also Em being cute, Tew looking good and Wad was actually looking cool added and we could get the signatures without doing many tasks. At this rate I am pretty sure at least the 5 of us will be done with the task. 

"Student code 0062 come here." I heard P'Arthit call me. I have decided not address him as P'Oon because he seems to be different. I walked towards him. My friends also came as he signaled them to come.
"Khab P'Arthit" I said looking into eyes. I guess for a second I saw something similar to hurt when he heard me talking.. I did not understand why?
"Do you want our signatures.?" P'Knot asked while standing beside P'Arthit.
"We want P." All us said together. 

"Will you do the task we want.?" P'Tay asked joining them. We all nodded.
"You" P'Bright pointed towards Oak and said "Get us two plates of egg rice." He said and took his book while giving him the money.
"You.." P'Prem said pointing towards Wad.. "Why don't you do some pushups?" He asked. Wad gave his book and bag to me.
"You also join him 0062." P'Arthit said glaring at me. I gave what ever I was holding to Em and joined Wad in pushups. After we were done.. our books were signed.. left was Em.. I have a feeling that it will be P'Tay who gives the task.

"What is your name.?" P'Tay asked.
"My name is Em Khab." Em replied.
"Do you see the last table.." He said pointing to the other end of canteen. "Go there and shout that you like boys for 3 times and ask one boy out." He added. I could feel Em getting angry.. I know he doesn't like attention or speaking in front of everyone let aside shouting and is not good at handling attention.. Also he can be pretty cunning.. if he doesn't like it.

"Sign the book first P.. your task will be done then." He said with a smile I know. We have done things like this.. when it comes to public speaking I take the role while he tells me some point which I should speak before itself. I saw all the hazers signing the book. He looked at me and signaled me. I gave him a wink before going towards the table.

"I Like Boys.. I Like Boys.. I Like Boys.." I shouted three times and went back to the table.. I saw as Em went on his knee.
"Ai'Kong.. go out with me." He said holding my hand. I smiled widely like he is doing now.
"You don't have to ask me.. you can always pull me where ever you want." I said.. He stood up. 
"Task Done P." He said facing the hazers.
"But. it was not you who shouted." P'Tay exclaimed.
"But P.. before answering.. I would like to ask you something P. Can I.?" He asked with a smile which only I know it was a sly one. Tew and Oak were seeing with a surprised faces while Wad was still have a poker face.
"What is it.?" P'Tay asked.
"Now.. Kong shouted that he likes boys at the table you pointed.. and then I asked him out.. doesn't that mean even I like boys. Hence what you asked me is accomplished." He said shrugging his shoulder. I and Wad smirked at their reaction. Seeing them open and close their mouths. P'Bright and P'Tutah were trying to not laugh but failing. P'Knot remained silent. P'Tay, P'Arthit and P'Prem were glaring at us.

"P.. Can we leave.?" I asked as politely as I could. P'Knot signaled us to leave. And we went away. As soon as we were out of their view.. I and Em started laughing.. even Wad smiled a little.

"You both were cool.. there.. But how did you both understand eachother with just an eye contact.?" Oak exclaimed.
"Do you both know eachother from before.?" Tew asked. The three were looking at us.

"Khab.. we studied in the same school and have known eachother since childhood.. we became close in the first year of high school." I said.
"And we are used to this.. when ever there is something to talk in front of public Kong does it.. and behind the scene he practices with me.." Em added.

"But.. is there anything between you two..? I don't mind just wanted to know." Wad asked.
"No.. actually I have lost my family last year.. my sisters stay abroad due to work.. and he is the only person who accompanied me here in everything.. he is a brother who let me lean on him and a friend who stood by me and also my partner in crime." I said.. with a little sad voice remembering my parents. Tew, Wad and Oak hugged.. 

"You will have us now Kong.. We won't pressure you to open up to us.. but we will also stand by you from now on." Tew said. After that we began to hang out together.. All our rooms were in the same dorm.. in fact Tew was my neighbor while Wad was opposite to my room. Em and Oak were on the floor above ours and also are neighbors. 

All the week we started exploring the surroundings.. food shops, malls, etc. We even collected the signatures together.. We have reached the target on the last day and we were glad. On Sunday..  We told our friends that we will go to meet Em's family. I did not want to tell them about what it was tomorrow as they will want to accompany me.

We spoke about the business deals, projects and current flow. Also I spoke with my sisters about the condition there.. and it was very well in control and in fact progressing. I still did not want talk about tomorrow.. it felt weird.. I was not able to control my emotions.

"Kong... we will reach by dinner." My elder sister Tina said.
"P'Tina.. don't make it hard for yourself.. I will alright.." I said trying to assure her.
"Kong.. you know right.. you can cry if you want." My other sister Lina said. That was the breaking point.. I could not stop the tears from rolling. P'Gun and Em hugged me.

"P.. Why do I have a photogenic memory P.. I still remember every second of that day.." I said while sobbing. 
"Kong.. although you are younger than us.. you are the one who stood for us and made us move forward Kong.. And Kong.. you will always have us with you if you want to lean on.. We are your sisters Kong.. we will never leave you. Wait for us to come." P'Tina said. I nodded. After that I cut the call.

"Nong we need you with us.. not a pillar.. we want you as our little brother.. we are here for you." P'Gun said. 

After that.. the nanny prepared food for us.. I asked them to eat along with us but they said they will eat after us. We had our lunch.. Over lunch I and Em complained about the hazers.. I even told P'Gun about P'Arthit being so different.. he was shocked but laughed at what we did. Em kept on complaining about P'Tay.

Around evening.. Uncle David and Aunt Priya came.. I don't know why but I felt sad that P'Arthit was not here.

"P'Oon must be busy in the college.. he did not even lift our calls." Aunt Priya told. 
"It is okay Aunty.. I am happy to have you both here.." I said while hugging her.. Her warmth reminded me of my mother's hug and her warmth. I felt tears in my eyes.. but soon masked them off. But I could not fool them.. they saw through me.
"Kong.. You know you are no less then my son to me.. you can always treat me like your mother.." She said kissing my forehead. Tears rolled out freely.

Em's parents have also come to visit me. I already made sure that Em will go to college tomorrow.. Also I had to promise that I will return next day morning.