Chapter 14

Kong's POV

In the morning Dean came and called me as well as my friends from the class. He took us to an isolated classroom and warned about the new girl named Namtarn.. he even showed us her photo. I and Em shared a glance as we remember P'Kiet and his father complaining about their stubbornness and wickedness. They could only put up with them because P'Forth, Uncle, P'Beam and Suthilaks representors were together and rigid with their decision. 

We thanked him for the warning and went back to our class. We were given the break 10minutes earlier than then time as sir was having some work. So I and my friends sat down in the canteen at our regular table.
"Kong.. do you know her.?" Tew asked as we sat down.
"No I don't know her personally.. but P'Tina's boyfriend did tell me about her and her father." I said. I briefed them about what they told. Not long after we saw her entering the canteen. She walks as if she owns it and seems like she is looking down on others seeing her face expressions and her glare towards people.

I and my friends just rolled our eyes seeing her actions. We completely avoided her and continued talking. She stopped by our table.
"Mm. Excuse me.. would you like to join me for lunch." She asked looking at me. 
"I am sorry.. but we are waiting for someone.. " I said..
"Your bad luck.. missed a chance to have lunch with me." She said.
"Maybe but I prefer having a luck to eat with my important person." I said back. The whole canteen witnessing our conversation were looking at me with a proud eyes. I bet no one liked her.

"Mee Noi.." I heard a P'Oon's voice. I blushed immediately listening him to call me that loud while my friends were laughing out loud. I turned to look at him only to be hugged by him tightly. I stomped his leg.
"Dare to tease me again.. look what will I do P'OON." I said his nickname loudly.. but he was pouting.. I soon chuckled and hugged him back. The canteen erupted into cheers bringing me back to senses. I just hid my face in the crook his neck. 
"Act along." He whispered to me. I did not understand but I nodded. 

"Guys stop.. you are making  my fiancé shy." He said. I became more red while everyone were congratulating us.. I broke the hug as I understood what his meaning was that to after seeing this lady's face.

"You are his fiancé.. and I asked you to have lunch with me Yuck.. If I knew. I would not even look at you. What a worst pair.. you don't deserve him with this face of yours." She said loudly. P'Oon was about to react but I stopped him.
"Listen Khun.. you have no right to talk about my relation or my face.. and if I remember correctly.. it was you who asked and me who rejected not the other way around. Do you want to be rejected.. but I guess I will not because you don't even deserve to be rejected. " I said.

"How dare you speak like that to a senior.?" She shouted.
"And how dare you judge me and m relation.. weren't you thought about respecting everyone irrespective of weather a seniors or junior.?" I added sternly. Our friends were smirking. 
"I told you I have a fiancé right.. so now I hope you know that he is not be messed with." P'Oon added. 

"P'Oon let us go get food na.. I am hungry.. you did not let me eat my breakfast in the morning.." I whined.. he ruffled my hair and took my hand.
"Oon.. it is a nice name.. I will also call you that." She said with heart eyes.
"Sorry Khun Namtarn.. as far as I know only my fiancé is allowed to call me that other than my mother.. call me that and I will get your death bed ready." P'Oon said. I smirked at her face and left with P'Oon to get food for everyone. 

"I did not know a girl could be so shameless to stand here even after being rejected and insulted so much." I heard P'Tay saying. We were ordering the food and observing our friends making more fun of her.

"Look and talk Mister.. I am perfect beauty.." She said posing.. 
"Aw.. you are not even half beautiful as our campus star. She is a beauty from inside and outside." Tew said while others nodded. I saw Prae also in the canteen who heard everything. 

"Oh Hi Miss can you please give way.. I need to discuss something with my friends." Prae said with a kind smile.. 
"Aw.. how can we help the gorgeous campus star..?" Tew asked smiling widely.. I and P'Oon could not help but laugh at their actions. P'Oon signaled others to eat silenty.. and mouthed some students who were wanting to react that they will handle it.

"Nothing Tew.. I missed my first hour.. I thought you or Kong could help me." She said.
"Wait up.. Kong wrote the notes for the first class.. He is ordering the food." Tew said and turned towards me. 

"Mm Tew.. who this P.. is she new here.?" Prae asked.
"Ah.. she is in third year.. she transferred here today itself and wants to be guided everywhere like a 5 year old kid." P'Bright replied sarcastically.

"Aw P.. there is nothing to be guided.. you seem to be good.. you can just get along with you classmates.. they will help you." Prae replied.
"And why does it concern you..?" Khun Namtarn replied mockingly.
"I guess you are not what you appear to be.. then let me tell you something P." Prae said standing face to face with her.

"You might think you are the most gorgeous lady.. but you are absolutely wrong.. I am sure if you were to join in current first year.. you won't even be qualified to represent the freshy event as a star with your face and attitude." She said with a sarcastic smile. She was shocked.. I and P'Oon felt that we need to interrupt so things won't go too far. We took the food and made our way to the table.

"Aw Prae.. you are also here.. you want me to order something for you.?" I asked Prae.
"Nope Kong. My friends already went to order.. by the way Kong.. lend me your notes for the first class.. the three of us missed it.." She asked me after she wai'ed to P'Oon.
"Tew give her my book from the bag.. I will get the rest of the plates." I said and left to get them.

"You want to be rejected again or what.? why are you here.. break is only limited time." P'Oon said coldly. She stormed away not before giving me a 'I will make you suffer' look. After she left.. our table continued to curse her while making fun of her.

"Kong.. when is the fresher's joining.?" P'Knot asked.
"After a week P." I said.
"Prepare for the worst.. she will be the medical team." P'Oon warned me.
"We will be careful.. also P'Ple texted me a while ago saying that.. Cheer team should not be in direct contact with the medical team seniors if she is not there.. So we kind of figured it out." Tew said. We all nodded.. After classes.. we decided to hang out for a while as we did not gather for a long time. 

Arthit's POV

 A week passed by pretty fast with us hanging out and deliberately avoiding her. Also we had to meet the dean again because of that girl. Literally the whole meeting I was trying to stop myself from strangling her. Even Kong and his friends were called. She complained to dean that we were not letting her befriend with us.. if not for Kong's reply I would have shouted maybe.

"Sir.. we are sorry.. the hang outs were not as friends.. we went their as couples.. and that to all are boys.. I don't think it would be nice for her to sit between a couple who are on date being a unwanted third wheel.. and I will never allow someone in between my couple time.. also my friends prefer the same." Was what Kong told. She did not have a come back so the dean let us go. 

Today is the day the freshman are going to join. This year hazing is led by Yatch and his team while the medical team is led by Mook and her team with an extra candidate Namtarn. Cheer team was led by Kong and his friends while medical team leads of their batch were Prae, May and Maprang.

I and my friends were just checking around making sure that everything was going on well. We sat down in the canteen from where we can see Kong and Em giving the T-shirts and name tags to the juniors after registering them. They placed the T-shirts in three based on sizes along with one name tag. 

I and Kong were stealing glances and smiles now and then. I saw Namtarn walking towards Kong.. so I and my friends walked nearer to them so that we can listen to what she speaks to them. I actually wanted to stand beside Kong but I know he is more better with words and dealing her. 

"Kongpob.. why are you both here.. This work can be done by one person.. do you think this as way of time pass or what.?" She shouted in front of all the first years. I saw Em was about to burst out.. I know how he feels because none of us let anyone shout at Kong.. 

"Khun Namtarn.. I guess you don't have any right to meddle with the cheer team. It was the head hazer P'Yatch who assigned both of us to this activity.. because these shirts and name tags play a vital role.. the shirts show that they belong to same faculty while name tags helps them to know each other's name.. And if you really think that two is a time waste.. we both will freely let you do it alone.. we can help somewhere unlike you shouting for TIMEPASS." He said with a stern voice with a tight lipped smile.

I glanced around the first years.. Kong has successfully shut her up and did not let her action effect the first years ideology of hazing. This is why I let him talk and did not meddle with it. I and my friends were laughing internally. After few minutes Ple came in the direction.

"Nong Namtarn.. why do you always roam around and disturb those who are working.. you have joined this year.. and you are watching these activities for the first time.. So let me warn you don't meddle with their activities.. Nong Yatch has divided them based on work and they are doing it perfectly.. So I warn you stick with your medical team and don't get into others works.. you have no right to command the cheer team.. only the 4th years and 3rd year hazers can command them. You don't lead the faculty and neither do you own it" Ple said loudly for every first year or anyone around to hear her loud and clear especially the last part. After that she dragged her away. 

"Sorry everyone for the delay.. Khun Namtarn has transferred this year.. so she is not used to the activities.. and she is also a part of medical team. Let us continue with your registrations.. and if anyone of you have any problem you can approach us.. or the hazers who you will in the session." Kong said politely but loud and clear followed by his signature smile.

The first years immediately gave a smile and showed their excitement for the hazing session. I and my friends felt proud with his way with words.. We are now pretty sure that he will make a great head hazer and along with his friends will make the best team.

Kong's POV

The registrations were done and the first years were gathered in the room. We have to loosen them a little so we started introducing ourselves to them while cracking some jokes and playing around. We slowly included one after the other first years. I guess we are pretty successful as everyone were eagerly participating and knowing others.

"What is this Kongpob..? Is this how you conduct hazing session." I heard a shout. I am sure it is Khun Namtarn. The whole hall went silent. I tried to control myself and also stopped my friends from reacting.
"I am sorry if this offends you Khun Namtarn.. but we were asked to loosen up them and help them to know eachother. And I am pretty sure they are knowing eachother and also enjoying.. And If I am not wrong.. We are not hazers.. we are the cheer team.. we don't haze but we cheer them up and support them. So we do not conduct hazing session.. the hazers will conduct." I said it loud and clear. 

P'Mook and her team came when I was talking.. They seemed to have understood the situation as they came and stood behind them.
"Swadee Khab P's." I and my friends wai'ed to them.
"First years.. they are the medical team.. who will assist you through the hazing period and even later in case of any problems. The team is lead by P'Mook and her friends." I introduced them.

"Swadee Khab P's." All the first years wai'ed to them.
"Swadee everyone.. I hope that you will clearly understand the reason for hazing instead of taking it negatively.. if any one of you have any problem.. you can approach the cheer team.. they will guide you and if they can't help.. they will bring you to us and we will help you all." P'Mook said.

After that they went to a side and we continued with the introduction.. The mood went back to normal. The door opened meaning that the hazers are about to come in.
"Everyone.. now the hazers will come and start the session.. do give your best." I said and I along with my friends moved to the side.

We saw P'Yatch and his team coming inside. P'Yatch stood in the front and looked at everyone.

"Swadee first years.. I am Yatch, a third year seniors and I am incharge to monitor you all this year. Through this session we want to teach you some values, rules which you all need to follow. If anyone has any problem you can approach the cheer team or any of the hazers. We will listen and try to support you all. But some rules are not to be broken at any cost and those include respecting the seniors and being on time to the classes and sessions. Respecting seniors doesn't mean you have to do anything they say.. if you are uncomfortable and still force beyond your limits do approach us.. we will make sure to stand against them even if they will be our friends." P'Yatch said. 

After that the other hazers also introduced.. they also have told them the basic rules they need to follow along with wearing the t-shirt and name tag. It was time for the first task.. I and Em shared a knowing look remembering the stunt we pulled against P'Tay.. not only we both but the others who know were also thinking of the same thing.. this task bonded us together.

"So.. First years.. Do you all want to know the seniors.?" P'Yatch ased.
"Khab P." Everyone shouted excitedly..
"Then.. I will give you a task for that.. are you all ready.?" He said.
"Yes.." Everyone replied excitedly.
"Then.. I will give you 1 week time.. collect the signatures of 1000 seniors of our faculty by introducing yourself to them. Also if they make you do extreme works which make you uncomfortable you can avoid them and if they force you.. come inform us or the cheer team.. we will teach them a lesson." P'Yatch said.. 

The first years were silent.. their eyes showed determination to finish the task.. everyone of us were happy seeing it.
"What kind of shitty task is that..? And only 1 week..? I bet that even this cheer team did not finish the task last year." Khun Namtarn voice boomed around the hall.

"Khun Namtarn.. first thing you are not allowed to meddle with the hazing session or the tasks.. second thing the current cheer team has done the same task and also completed it within 6 days and the last thing.. first years do you have any problem with this task.?" P'Yatch asked with a stern voice.
"No P." First years responded.
"Then Khun Namtarn.. the one who will be doing the task have no problem.. then what is it with you.?" He shouted in anger.
"Don't you dare rise your voice at me. I will make sure you won't complete your studies here." He shouted back. 
"Khun Namtarn.. it already informed to you that you have no right to meddle with the hazing session.. it you broke the rule.. so it will be you who will be suspended or warned." P'Mook said. After that she let her team drag her away.. while she stayed back.

"First years please be careful around her.. she is a daughter of a shareholder here for some idiotic purpose and thinks highly of her.. We don't know why she meddles and looks down on everyone.. but please bear with her and if she over does let any of us know.. we will handle it.. even the cheer team can also put up with her. If you are scared to approach us or we are not available.. then you can ask them also. Don't be effected by her." P'Mook said loudly.

"Nong Kong.. please distribute them the books in which they will collect them.. and also keep an eye on everyone... I don't want anyone to suffer because of her. I trust that you can handle her." P'Yatch said. I nodded..

I and my team distributed the book.. It was lunch time.. the juniors were not having any classes so they were collecting the signatures.. I, P'Oon were sitting at our regular table while having lunch. We were signing books after talking to them for a while and we were also having fun giving them simple tasks.. that to only if we found them comfortable.

We were talking to Nong Phet.. he is fun to talk with and is really trying to know seniors. He even sang us a song. We were about to sign his book but some sudden words distracted us.
"You want my signature.?" Khun Namtarn asked a first year girl who actually was not about to ask her.
"Khab P.. Can you sign it.? My name is Kwang P. Student code 0062." She replied. Oh so she is my co-code junior..
"Praise me till I am satisfied then I might think of it." Khun Namtarn flipping her hair. 

"P.. can you help her.. she is my girlfriend and we came to this country just a few weeks back.. she is not good with her Thai also." Nong Phet pleaded me.
"Relax Nong.. if she goes over broad..WeI will surely meddle in." I said. He nodded his head and we all turned towards them again.

"P.. you are kind.. beautiful.. gorgeous.. also you have perfect smooth skin.. and nice hair." She said and I guess she was searching for more words but she could not find any.

"That's it.. no more.? You can't even praise a beauty then.. how did you even make it here.?" Khun Namtarn replied with a mocking voice. I had enough.. No one needs to praise others for joining an university.. I glanced at Em and signaled him to follow me. Our friends were smirking knowing we are up for something 

We both started walking around the canteen to get our drink talking something loudly than needed.

"Em.. don't you think that character in the series is full of herself.?" I asked Em and gave him a wink. He smirked and played along.
"Not only full but I should say such character is worst.. I don't know how can people beg for praises.." He said making a disgusting face. 

"I am glad I did not meet such people in my life yet.. but if I meet trust me.. I will prefer staying in a gutter than talking to her or praising her." I said with an equally disgusted face.  My friends seniors and Nong Phet all were smiling broadly.. while the other seniors in the canteen were acting a if they were not paying any attention but smirking leaving amused first years.

"You are right Kong.. I am also happy.. it is absurd to beg for praises.. as if they can't survive without them. And if they want praises.. they should at least be good not act all bitchy and ask for praises." He said. After that we were walking pass Khun Namtarn and Nong Kwang with the drinks which we took from the stall. 

I saw Khun Namtarn eyeing me with a sly smile.. I immediately understood she was up for something.. and seems like Em also noticed it seeing the smirk on his face. When we were near to her.. she was about to step back to stumble on us but we stopped suddenly and stepped back making her fall down. I immediately gave the drink to Em and decided to play along.

"Oh.. Khun Namtarn.. are you okay.. you should look before you walk.. are you hurting anywhere.?" I asked with a innocent.. and kindest voice of mine. My friends.. P'Oon and his seniors were hiding their faces to not show they were laughing but were failing miserably. 
"Don't act.. it is because of you that I fell." She shouted pointing at me.

"But Khun Namtarn.. He was 2 steps away from where you were standing.. also.. I think you would only fall like that only if you were planning to stumble on us. Don't tell me your are still waiting for chances.. Kong already rejected you on the very first day and He also has a very loving fiancé.. Please don't pull such tricks and loose your respect Khun Namtarn." Em said while I was internally smirking looking at her face.

"Aw.. Nong Kwang.. you are here.. I actually wanted to meet you over lunch today.. I am actually your co-code senior from second year.. come with me.. " I said. She nodded her head.. bowed to Khun Namtarn and followed me. Em was walking behind her. We reached the table. P'Oon already arranged a chair for her and Nong Phet. Khun Namtarn starred at me before leaving the canteen.

"Phet.. I was scared." She said as she hug Phet.
"Relax Kwang.. you are fine.. and from now we will collect the signatures together.. I won't leave you.. I thought it will help you learn thai.. sorry." Nong Phet said.

"Thank you P'Kongpob and P'Em." She said to us. And we smiled at her.
When they relaxed.. we took both their books and signed after talking to them.

"Oh.. by the way Nong Phet what is your student code.?" I asked.
"It is 0206 P." He said.. I and P'Oon chocked our drinks which we sipped. They were looking at us confused of our reaction and my friends were just laughing. 

"P.. is something wrong.?" Nong Kwang asked.
"Nothing.. actually.. since about 4 years.. in this faculty.. 0062 code always ended up with 0206. Also the same with Kong and Arthit, they are 0062 and 0206 codes." P'Bright said.

The days went on.. with Khun Namtarn picking on me and my friends and we giving her cold answers. The first years were understanding the hazing session perfectly and also are not liking Khun Namtarn at all.