Chapter 09

Kong's POV

I got ready for the event.. Even Prae was ready.. I just hope that I will be able to sing properly. Thank God I was not planning on dancing.. We have decided to sing three songs.. all of them are basically love songs with complete emotions. Prae is going to play a piano first then.. for the last song guitar while I will be singing along. 

Ours was the last performance.. I was really trying to play cool.
"Kong.. I am nervous." Prae said.
"Relax Prae.. we practiced enough.. let us go out there on stage and chill a bit.." I said not showing my nervousness.

It was our turn now.. I and Prae went on to the stage holding our hands. I had guitar in another hand which I placed beside the piano which Prae will be playing for the first songs. We took the positions. I introduced both of us. Prae started playing the tune.

I sang the first song.. Let Love Appear.. I can see my friends cheering for us.. most of the audience were actually cheering happily. Next song was my favorite one but I hope my voice won't break in between.. I looked at P'Oon before starting the song. He surely manages to calm me down.

I have successfully sung the song.. My voice did not crack even a little.. now it is time for the last song.. I asked them to join if they know the lyrics and are not tired. Prae came and sat beside me.. with guitar in her hand. I started singing the song... I kept my gaze fixed towards P'Oon.. 

When we were half way through the last song.. the power got cut.. I did not understand what to do. I stood up from my place. I saw the audience turning on their torch and swaying it. I started singing again. Prae joined me so that our voice will be audible. After a few minutes the lights came back and Prae started playing the guitar again. I continued the song.

Arthit's POV

I could not take my eyes off him.. especially the last song.. he was starring at me directly.. I could not even blink my eyes for a second.. My heart was beating fast.. I only came out of trance when the host was announcing the faculty names which will enter the final round. I don't even know when I cut my parents call. I could see my friends.. P'Gun, P'Forth and P'Beam giving me teasing looks.

Three faculty names were announced.. the last one was left.. all of us were tensed and nervous..
"Faculty of ENGINEERING" The host announced.. we all cheered and jumped in happiness. We say Kong and Prae coming on to the stage.. 

Now it was the last round.. everyone were given a chance to speak on the topic given to them. Moon from faculty of science has spoke well but I don't like him.. he was the one to hurt my Kong.. none of the engineering department cheered for him. Also the star of the Arts faculty spoke well. 

It was now Prae who was speaking.. she is doing well.. I felt there is 50-50 chances between her and the star of arts faculty. After Prae.. now it was Kong's turn..
"What is your opinion on SOTUS System.. should it be continued or not.?" Judge told the question. It was a tricky question.. Kong is not a fan of this system I know that and he has been asking and questioning me of about every task.. I hope he got our meaning.. The whole hall went dead silent.

"I think.. Every system in the world has its Pros and Cons in them. So the SOTUS also has its pros. Through SOTUS we learned about unity. Since we have come from different backgrounds and different schools, this system draw the common points we have the easiest and fastest. But if the system controllers are not able to manage the system well enough or use extreme measures, the freshman may not co-operate and find it hard to respect them leading to major disagreement between eachother. So, I cannot answer your question weather it should be continued or not because it depends on the purpose of the controllers. But there is one thing I can confirm as a First year student undergoing the SOTUS System.. I believe that they have a reason for every action of theirs.. and their aim is to guide us in a way we can lead our university life as effective as possible. Also, to give us the values and determination to face the real world. Thank you." Kong said confidently with any shuttering in between. It surely came from his heart. 

The whole hall cheered at his answer.. I was really proud of him and a fan of his answer. All my friends.. P'Forth and P'Gun were looking proudly at him.. they also once have been hazers while P'Beam was proud and happy. 

It was time to announce the winners now.. there are a total of 3 awards which will be given today.
"So.. before giving the Most Popular Award.. let me tell you all.. this person got nearly 5K likes on his photo.. and has broke all the previous popular award winners records. Do yo all want to know who it is..?" The Host said in mike.. Everyone shouted 'YES'.

"The Most Popular Award of the batch goes to .. Nong Kongpob from Faculty of Engineering.." Everyone cheered as he took the sash and the bouquet. I felt happy..

"Arthit.. if he got the most popular award than there are very less chances of him being the campus moon." P'Forth whispered.. It then hit me.. Shit.. 

"The Campus Star of the batch is... Nong Praepailin from Faculty of Engineering." Host announced.. We all cheered for her to but I was lost in thought.. about who will win the Campus moon award. Praepailin was given a bouquet.. sash and a trophy. 

"This year.. there is another rule which is being broke other than the Popularity count.. It has never happened in the history of the university.. but.. before telling what it is.. let me announce the Campus Moon of the batch.." The MC said.. and opened the name.. We were all eagerly waiting for the name.. Although chances were less I hope it is him.

"The Campus Moon Award goes to Nong Kongpob from Faculty of Engineering." She said in the mike. The whole hall cheered.. I jumped in happiness.

"This is first time in the history of our university that two awards are received by a same person and both are record breaking... But I am sure no one complains.. See him.. he is outright perfect and handsome." The MC said as Kong was taking the sash and award. Girls were squealing so were some boys.

"Arthit.. bag him fast or else you might miss him.. he is going to be more famous now." P'Gun said.
"I regret making him the moon." I murmured but both P'Forth and P'Gun heard and started laughing. 

The participants were send back to change and rest. Kong's friends went to bring him out.

Kong's POV

I won.. I won.. I won both the awards.. After we were send to the back stage.. I wanted to change and rest today.. I wanted to go to P'Oon but many people gathered to click pictures with us.. Ah.. can't they lemme go.. I am too tired.. but I had to put on a smile. 

I saw my friends coming.. for the first time.. I and Prae both of us felt delighted to see them more than ever. I gave my best puppy eyes Em begging him to take us from here.. My friends chuckled seeing me. I pouted.

"Everyone.. please let us take our friends.. we don't want him on hospital bed due to tiredness.. please give way.. side please." Oak started shouting as they pulled me and Prae away. After sometime Prae left with May and Maprang. Actually I still feel shocked when even I remember Prae saying she likes May. I was shocked when she told me but.. I supported her.. Because love doesn't have boundaries.

After changing.. I went with my friends. I saw P'Oon.. his friends.. P'Gun, P'Forth and P'Beam there. P'Beam and P'Gun pulled me into a tight hug immediately and left only when I said they were chocking me. I turned towards P'Oon.

"You were great up there.." He said.. I gave him the best smile I could. 
"Guys.. we are still here and don't forget us." P'Bright shouted. I walked towards P'Bright and whispered in his ears.
"P'Bright.. you will still need my acceptance.. you don't want me to give you hard time right." I said and moved aside. His eyes became wide.

"Ai'Thit.. he is meanie.. don't court him." He shouted and challenged me with his eyes.
"Who asked for your permission.. if he wants I will even kill you in a second." P'Oon replied.. I smirked while everyone laughed. P'Bright pouted.

"Ai'Bright.. don't pout.. it doesn't seems to be cute at all. I want to puke." P'Tutah said as he and P'Tay were acting as they were about to Puke.

"So Mr. Popular Campus Moon.. get ready to be courted openly by the hot headed head hazer." P'Oon said.
"Oh.. is it.. may be if you show me your hot headedness.. I might reject you.. you know I am popular now right." I replied to him.
"Way to go Kong.. " Everyone cheered while P'Oon groaned. We went and had our dinner.. P'Oon kept on feeding me. After that P'Beam took me to the hospital.. He checked it and said that just a mild sprain and will reduce in a couple of days. He asked me to rest completely. 

Since tomorrow and day after tomorrow were holidays.. I won't be having any problem to take rest.. I can just study at my room. After that.. P'Oon dropped me off at my dorm.

"Mm.. P.. What will do I ask you to stay with me this night." I whispered.. not sure weather to ask or not. 
"What do you want me to do.?" He whispered back closing the distance between us.
"Maybe want to cuddle and sleep.. " I said still not meeting his gaze. 
"Only if I get another exception to kiss you." He whispered in my ear and blew it. My ear has been sensitive very much. I hit him on his shoulder.. but he caught my hand lifted me in bridal style and put me on the bed.

"Let us cuddle and sleep my dear Mee Noi." He said as he cuddled me and kissed my forehead.
"I thought someone wanted an exception." I asked because even I wanted the kiss but felt too shy to ask it. He smiled and then leaned in to kiss me.. He dominated the kiss completely.. His tongue conquered every corner of my mouth.

He let go of me when we became breathless.. we were literally panting.
"I guess I can just propose you instead of courting." He said with a sly smile.
"Oh.. try it.. I will make sure to complaint to Ma and Pa." I said.
"I don't think so there will be a need. You know it will be my pleasure to court a cutie like you." He said making me blush.. before I could reply. he leaned in and kissed me again. 

"I guess only one was an exception." I whispered as let go of the kiss.
"If it is you I am kissing maybe I can get punished for it." He said. 
"Where did you learn to spout such lines out of no where." I asked him getting myself comfortable to sleep.
"Maybe seeing you blush.." He said while wrapping his arms around he.
"Good Night P'Oon." I said as I placed a kiss on his cheek.
"Good Night Mee Noi." He said and kissed my forehead.