260119

Mew was walking home from school, his full concentration on the game console he was holding in his hands. By the time he paid attention to where he was really going, only then did he realized that he'd gone on the opposite direction of his house.

Great.

He was just about to turn around when he noticed that his aimless walking brought him to the children's park.

It was nearing dusk and the place was almost empty.

Save for one young boy sitting on the swing. Alone. And that didn't felt quite right for Mew. He started moving before he can stop himself.

"Hey, kid." The young boy whips his head around as he calls out, tears in his huge, scared eyes. "Are you los—"

He didn't even get to finish the question when the child started bawling.

Oh, boy.

A FEW MOMENTS LATER..

"Mama hicc.. told me to just wait hicc.. at home. She'll just hicc.. pick up my sister hicc.. from school. But I didn't listen.. and I hicc.. tried to follow her hicc.. outside. She was just there hicc. And then she was not. And now hicc.. I can't find my way back home."

A parent and child's worst nightmare. And this one doesn't look more than five years old.

"Do you know your home address? Or your  parents' full name?"

The boy was too distraught to give him a specific answer.

Until he noticed the forgotten game console that Mew left running during the exchange. He stopped sniffing for a second. And stared.

AGAIN, A FEW MOMENTS LATER..

The game console was now in Gulf's— Mew managed to squeezed a name out of him— hands, and Gulf was flopped on Mew's lap, who was now sitting on the swing. Mew was able to calm him down a bit by coaxing him to play, which he tearfully complied.

"Why is phi nice to me?" Gulf suddenly asked without pausing in his game.

Mew wondered the same. He feels a certain kinship with this lost, little boy. An unexplained connection of some sort. He has a little sister. Maybe it's the big brother in him that wishes his sister not to experience the same thing, or if she does, that someone would help her the way he does Gulf.

"Because you're cute," he answered instead, causing Gulf to giggle which lightens the heaviness around Mew's heart. "I'll take you to the police station. I'm sure they will help."

Gulf nodded enthusiastically before returning the console to him, hopping down from his lap and stared at him quite adoringly. "Can you carry me, phi? My feet hurts from walking."

Mew moves his backpack in front of him and was bending down before he realized what he's doing. Gulf happily climbs on his back and holds on to him trustingly. Seriously, this boy could conquer the world one day with those eyes.

Gulf was chattering nonstop the entire way to the station, and Mew didn't even try to stop him from eating his ears out. That only stop when Gulf spotted a familiar figure.

"Mama!"

Mew watched the happy reunion, sending a prayer to the heavens for allowing this fateful encounter to happen.

Little did he know that the heavens would allow them to meet once more.

Many years from now.

Mew was running a little late for his casting audition. After having the go signal to proceed despite his tardiness, he hurriedly arrived at the designated location, much to the delight of his supportive fans.

He was accepting words of appreciation from them and once again not paying attention to where he was going and accidentally bumped into someone.

A fellow actor.

They both apologized to each other and the other man wai to him before walking away. He was tall, slender, and somehow familiar. But Mew could swear it was his first time seeing that auditionee bearing the number 0064.

That day, Tharn met his Type.

And so the saga begins..