Seven minutes in heaven

He overslept. Again.

He slept through his alarm. Again.

And today of all days.

He was dressing himself in one hand while scrolling his phone with the other.

23 missed calls and 65 missed chats from his line group.

- Yo! Where are you?

- Seriously? Are you still sleeping?

- Gulf!!!

- We're leaving first. Meet you there.

- Answer your phone!!!!

- Get in here! Orientation about to start.

- Boy, you're in deep trouble.

Shit! Shit! Shit!

He was flying out of the door in the blink of an eye.

Today is the first day of his internship to some studio company. And it's not looking very good for him.

He run through the subway station and jumped on the first available train like his pants are on fire.

The speakers were blasting off some 80's english song about manic Mondays.

Have to catch an early train
Got to be to work by nine
And if I had an airplane
I still couldn't make it on time

Huh. How fitting given his situation.

He was running again as soon as the train stops. He's seeing a lot of running happening today.

He was butchering his brain trying to remember the exact way from the terminal. And since he sucks at direction, he got lost. Three freaking times. And was about to go for the fourth time before his two remaining brain cells urge him to ask some good samaritan, or else he'll end up interning in Mars. Pretty sure there's no crispy pork there.

Finally arriving at the right place, he stared at the intimidating building bearing the name of the company and its logo.

Mew Suppasit Studio.

Here we go. He took a deep breath before entering.

He was ushered in the nearest elevator after receiving an ID from the reception.

A hand suddenly stops the elevator door from closing and a stranger hops in with him. The newcomer apologizes for suddenly barging in but Gulf assures him that it's fine.

They were the sole passenger and as the electronic box slowly moves up, he can't help but remember the stranger's hand. Clean nails, with long, graceful fingers. And veins for days that would make a nurse weep.

He was just thinking if the guy is a gym enthusiast when the elevator made a groaning sound before stopping altogether, with the lights turning off encompassing them in total darkness.

They simultaneously turn on their mobile's flashlights.

Gulf's neighbor presses the emergency button. "What's wrong? Why did the elevator stop? There are people inside."

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience, sir. We are trying to fix the problem as quickly as possible."

Realizing that this is out of their hands, the man just sighs and looks at Gulf. "It seems that we'll be stuck in here for a while. I hope you're not in a hurry."

Crap. He checks the time again. Make that double crap.

He sends a quick message to his group explaining the situation, hoping that someone might read it so they'll know he's still alive and didn't end up in China.