Homesick

Gulf couldn't sleep.

An almost impossible feat for someone who can probably nap while standing.

Maybe he was just not that tired despite his whirlwind of a schedule consisting of nonstop shootings, recording sessions, live events and interviews being thrown at him left, right and center.

Maybe three in the morning is still a little too early for him.

Maybe it's the normally welcoming ginormous bed that suddenly became a bit unappealing when it's just him occupying it.

Sigh.

Or maybe he can just admit it to himself that he's more or less missing someone.

He made an irritated sound before finally giving up and decided to roll over that very said someone's side of the bed, effectively stealing that someone's precious pillow without forgetting to take a very satisfactory sniff, inhaling a familiar scent which somehow pacifies his half-starve senses. Almost.

Still not enough.

He hugged the pillow to his chest and lets out another sigh.

For the fifth time he wonders what P'Mew is doing right now.

Probably asleep unlike you, a voice at the back of his mind chided.

He mentally swatted that voice away.

P'Mew is currently in South Korea to receive some fancy music award and wasn't due home until tomorrow. Or was that today? He tried to remember and failed.

Better ask him to be sure.

By this time he was just unashamedly looking for an excuse to hear P'Mew's voice.

Gulf grabs his phone with more speed than normal and wait for his call to connect. But just like his two previous attempts some hour ago, it went straight to voicemail.

Don't overthink. He was probably too tired to call.

He was left staring at P'Mew's goofy face from his wallpaper screen before coming to a depressing conclusion that he shouldn't have turned down his faen's invitation of coming with him.

Then he wouldn't have to act like a lovesick fool.

Stop overreacting. He's just out of the country. Not out of the planet.

But no matter what he tells his self his heart still hurts. There's an emptiness that shows no sign of going away soon.

And then he knew, that you could become homesick for people too.

Lost in thought and without really any ill-intentions, Gulf throws the phone away, accidentally hitting a dozing Hazard's tail, who was obviously offended with the slight and vocally hisses out an outrage. Ignoring Gulf's attempt at apology, the temperamental cat gets off the bed and marches out of the bedroom with its abuse tail in search of a better company. Maybe Chopper can indulge him. And then maybe they can join forces and rob the fridge.

Gulf somehow manages to fall asleep at some point.. only to wake up shortly uncertain if he was dreaming. Because he vaguely remember turning the bedside lamp off earlier. But now it was on.

Weird. He must have been really sleep-deprived to forget such simple task.

Wait.

He did realized some things as he was reaching to turn the thing off.

One, he was back on his side of the bed with someone backhugging him and was all over his space.

Two, P'Mew is back. Here. At home. With him.

He came back to Gulf. Perhaps almost immediately after conquering Seoul without telling him in advance so that Gulf can finally breathe normally again, the void in his chest slowly disappearing as if it was never there.

And just like a sunflower to his sun, he turned to face the sleeping man, who looks travel-weary and very much asleep, adorably mumbling something which to Gulf suspiciously sounded like bulgogi before tightening his arms around him.

Yes, he seriously love this dork.

*******************************************

Note:    Sorry I made this one in a rush but I miss everyone, and I miss MewGulf to the point of tears and holy cow happy birthday to us, Waanjai fam!!