1000 days

"What's wrong with Daddy?" Ash whispered to Gulf, crouching down beside the sofa where her parents are lying down.

Gulf caressed Mew's head that  is currently nestled on his chest. He whispered back, "Daddy had a little too much to drink tonight and is feeling a little bit dizzy."

Ash nodded in understanding. "Is he sleeping?"

The two were literally having a hush-hush conversation but Mew reacted as if Gulf and Ash were yelling at each other. He groaned and mumbled, "Why are you shouting?" before finally opening his eyes.

And came face to face with an angel.

"Hi," he greeted in surprise at the little face peeking at him curiously.

"Hi," the angel answered back.

"What's your name?"

The little angel's eyes widened before sparkling in mischief.

Oh boy. Gulf realized that this is the first time that Ash is seeing her father in this state, and she's surely gonna enjoy every minute of it.

Without breaking eye contact with Mew, she answered back, "My name's Natasha."

Lord help me. "Mind your father, Ash."

She dimpled in response.

Mew was mesmerized. "Lovely. Who gave you that name?"

Ash was quick to point out Gulf.

Mew finds that odd. "And where do you live?"

In which she answered quite brightly, "Here."

Mew was starting to get more confused. "Really?" This time he asked to Gulf.

Gulf while playing with Mew's hair, "She's been living with us for the past six years actually."

Mew frowned while trying to remember. But the alcohol is still high in his system and is frying quite a few of his brain cells at the moment. "What about her parents? Whose child is she?"

Gulf, "Mine."

Ash giggled at her dad's shell shocked expression.

But Mew was positively livid. "Yours? You had a child?! With whom?!"

Gulf quickly cut out a possible long tirade, "You."

"How could you, tua eng? I— what?" Mew looked at Gulf. And then looked at Ash in awe. Because if he look close enough, he could see Gulf in her. And if he look a little more, he could see himself too. "Me?"

"Yep," Ash chirped in, obviously having the time of her life.

There was a brief moment of silence after that. And then Mew started crying.

"She's really ours?" he bawled out.

"Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

Sniff. "Oh. Okay. I trust you." And then he went back to staring at Ash. "She's so beautiful." He reached out and poked his daughter's cheek. "She looks just like you. She's gonna break a lot of hearts, and I'll probably break a lot of bones. Maybe we should get a bigger dog. Or a gun."

Exasperated Gulf, "Husband, your daughter is six. She's not getting out of your sight anytime soon so calm down before you give yourself a stroke. Then it will all be left to Alex breaking bones."

Confused Mew returns, "Alex? As in Alexander? Chopper?"

Both Gulf and Ash shook their heads.

Mew's head started pounding. "Then who's Alex?"

Just then Alex appeared, totally unaware of the chaos, carrying one of Mew's action figure in hand. "Daaaaad. The arm fell off. Come and fix this."

Much, much later that night, Gulf was finally able to convince Mew to sleep. He was reluctant though and Gulf still needed to reassure him, "Sleep. The kids would still be here when you wake up. Hangover or not."

"Promise?"

This silly man, really. "Promise."

Only then did Mew closed his eyes. But just when Gulf thought he eventually sleeps, he called out once more, "Tua eng."

"Hm?"

"The twins are wonderful. Thank you for having them with me."

Gulf's heart just soared. "You're welcome."

"Would you like to have another one?"