My sweetheart, the drunk

9:00 pm: Sunflower arriving at location with friends. Four in total. All males.

9:30 pm: Orders came: sea food platter (he didn't touch it), 4 buckets spicy chicken, spare ribs, and 3 large hawaiian pizzas. Cheeseburger for me, in case you're wondering.

10:00 pm: Just chilling while eating. Some of the customers recognized the sunflower and asked to take photos.

10:15 pm: Cover blown. Sunflower saw me on his way to W.C., didn't comment but bought me beer and more cheeseburger. Will update again soon.

I stared at the one-sided chat conversation of me and my boss. All messages were seen as soon as I send them so the lack of response didn't bother me one bit.

As one of the nong stus working under khun Suppasit's studio, I was given specific instruction tonight to watch over a certain someone, who is out with some friends for a birthday celebration. They chose some local bar that serves good food, and has a band that plays acceptable music. Though the place is a bit crowded for my taste.

But the crowd might be partially due to nong Gulf being here. Now a public figure, the younger man tends to attract attention no matter where he goes, thus triggering a certain CEO's protective side.

Can't blame the boss though, I thought as I saw nong agrees on another request for a photo op. The kid just doesn't know how to say no.

Logging in to every social media platform available, I whistled when I saw everyone's TL blowing up. Yep. It's a riot out there.

I wonder if the boss will come and fetch his wife later.

I took a small sip of the free beer without taking my eyes off the group, who despite the constant interruption from approaching fans, are obviously enjoying their time.

12:00 am: Nong madam was chosen to perform onstage. A bit tipsy but voice still sounds good.

After all the reports I've given, khun boss replies for the very first time:

Male or female?

I read the message twice, a bit confused. And then it hits me that he's asking about the singer that invited nong madam to sing.

Malw.

I pressed send before noticing the typo and corrected it before he could type back.

Male. Sorry. Got dizzy for a moment. Feeling tipsy myself. Please don't fire me.

The reply this time, came much, much faster than the first one. And more ominous as well:

I'm on my way.

I downed the remaining of my free beer-the fifth one if I'm not mistaken- after reading the message.

Oh, boy.

Glancing back at the stage, I saw nong giggling under his friends' encouragement, missed some notes, and then laughs at his drunken mistake.

Having the time of his life unaware that a storm is coming.

It's too early for a hangover but I can already feel the headache.

After the third song, nong Gulf decided he's had enough singing for the night. He greeted his friend a happy birthday, and thanked the band. The male singer didn't let the opportunity slide to have a photo taken with him as well.

And as the two strikes a pose, their backs to the crowd, I saw a very tall, very familiar figure advancing towards the stage, unaware that his presence was causing another stir.

That was fast. How many traffic violations did he break to get here?

Khun boss stopped at the foot of the stage and waited patiently for his yai nong to finish indulging the too eager vocalist. His eyes on the other hand, is another story.

They were shooting fire. His target? The offensive male obviously flirting with nong.

Knowing how hot that sun's temper can get, I started praying for divine intervention. And an Advil.

People started hooting causing nong Gulf to be momentarily distracted infront of the camera, but enough to finally notice the man standing not too far away from him. He seems surprised to see his P'Mew there at first, blinks, and then gave a smol wave.

Khun CEO only inclined his head in response.

Nong madam started walking away from the stage, trips, and started to fall.

The sun, ready with arms wide open, catches his drunk sunflower halfway.

The friends, after their initial shock of seeing P'Mew, came to assist nong Gulf, who only shook his head, obviously enjoying where he was at the moment.

Husband's hand came to rest on wife's back and giving it soothing rubs, while the latter leans closer to nuzzle the former's neck.

They stayed like that during the entire time that nong was making the introductions, yawning in between. The fourth time P'Mew saw it, he politely declined the invitation to stay and explained that it's time he take nong Gulf home, who already looks half-asleep.

Left with no other choice, everyone agrees and said their goodbyes.

Khun phi nodded in my direction, glares at someone onstage, and then left the bar with his arm still around yai nong.

Whew.

If that was still an 8/10 level of possessiveness, I don't think the world would survive an upgrade.

       ~Say no more, nong stu. Say no more~