Cuatro

Miami, Florida
3:30 P.M.
2 Days Later

Waking up this particular day, Novah was in an immense amount of pain. The night before, her parents had a personal friend, who happened to be a doctor at the hospital near by, come over and check her out. Their friend, Peter, notified them of her broken and bruised ribs, telling them that she shouldn't "play rough" with anymore children for the next 6-10 weeks.

Of course, Peter wasn't as dumb as they thought. Being that he'd been around more than a handful of abused patients, broken bones were not uncommon for him. However, his next moved help more than anyone ever could.

................................................................

Approaching the front door of the Carter residence was social worker Amarah Hammond. She'd been doing her job for 10+ years, one of the best in her line of work. She's been notified by her brother Peter that there was something up in this home, as well as the numerous reports she'd been notified of.

See, what Bianca and Clarence were unaware of is the fact that all of the screams from their baby girl have been heard. Of course because of who they are, no one believed anybody who told, so it was never looked into.

Amarah had been working with nothing but unfit parents her entire ten years, and she was ready to deal with more; even if that means fighting two of the most powerful people in her city.

Knocking on the front door, Amarah took her time to look around and note how she saw no other children in the neighborhood. It was one of those neighborhoods that looked to be occupied by mainly elderly people, so she couldn't understand why Mr. and Mrs. Carter were living here. However, what really caught her eye was the handle of a belt that had a red substance staining it in the corner of the front step. She made sure to take a closer look, and a picture.

Being startled by the sound of a throat clearing, Amarah suddenly remembered what she had come for.

"Hi, Mrs. Carter?"

"Yes. Who might you be?"

"My name is Amarah Hammond. I'm with Child Protective Services, and I'm responding to a few reports about this residence."

Bianca's mind immediately went to Peter. She noticed the weird looks he was giving them when they told him their story, and she was thinking about contacting him if she got out of this situation.

"Well, Ms. Hammond, I can assure you that this had been a misunderstanding. There's nothing happening here whatsoever."

"Well, it's mandatory that I have a look around. I would also need to see your daughter."

With panic now setting in, Bianca desperately tried to talk herself out of this.

"Oh, well, ummm, she's sleeping at the moment. And my husband and I don't really like waking her. She can be quite cranky."

"Ma'am, I really need to come inside and see her."

"Well, I just simply can't allow that. I told you she's sleeping."

"Ma'am, I'm required by law to come back with the police if you do not allow me in right now."

Not wanting to draw anymore attention to the situation, Bianca had no other choice than to let Amarah in.