Diez

Miami, Florida
1:00 P.M.
The Next Day...

Early this morning, around 10:00, Treyton had gotten a phone call; it was Amarah Hammond. She was calling to set up a meeting about the adoption process, and she wanted to get started as soon as possible. She had to make sure Novah would be in good hands.

Of course, Farah and Treyton were having their own difficulties at the moment, considering the fact that Farah had gotten that same feeling she got back in high school. As childish as many may think she sounds, she's been through hell and back by the time she met Treyton. But when he told her about the phone call, she figured she'd put their little "situation" on the back burner for now.

"She said she comin' at around 2:00. You finna get dressed now?"

"I'm just finna take my clothes out for now. You gettin' dressed now?"

"Nah. But bae, I do wanna talk 'bout that shit from yesterday."

"Ain't nothing to talk about, boo. I believed you. She a certified stalker so I ain't surprised."

"But ion want you thinkin' that I'm doing shit behind your back, Farah. You know I ain't ever been wit' that shit."

Looking up at her husband, Farah fell in love all over again. This was really the first man to steal her heart. He was truly her everything.

"I know, boo. I really ain't mad. Promise."

"Alright. Just making sure."

After that conversation died down, Farah and Treyton decided to get ready together. They both wanted to look presentable, trying to show Amarah just how serious about this they were.

Not paying attention to the time, before they even knew it, Amarah was ringing the doorbell.

"You ready, boo? This is it man!"

"Hell yeah. That's our baby! I'm speaking it into existence, bae!"

"As you should, mamas."

Walking to open the door, Farah instantly greeted Amarah with a huge smile.

"Hi, Ms. Hammond. How are you doing?"

"I'm doing okay, Mrs. Williams. May I come in?"

"Of course. Come right on in."

Walking in, Amarah was immediately welcomed with a warm feeling. From the house smelling of warm vanilla to it being spotless.

"Boo! Come in here."

Rushing in, Treyton immediately gave Amarah the exact same greeting as his wife.

"Well, let's get started."

"Right! Follow me into the dining room, please. Would you like anything to drink?"

"A water would be nice, thank you."

Once they were all settled and more comfortable, the questions began.

"Okay! I see here that you, Mrs. Williams, own two hair salons. And Mr. Williams, you own a barbershop and a tattoo parlor."

"Yes. And not to brag, but all four shops are flourishing!"

"Oh brag all you want! That's actually great because the judge may want to know exactly how much you guys are bringing in from each shop. It would be mainly to see if Anovah would be in a stable household, and not one that's just running off of little paychecks, if that makes sense."

"Yes ma'am. We could print up something showing for each shop individually. And we can get a bank statement as well."

"Very well. Do you guys have any pets? Or are you planning on getting any? Anovah is severely allergic to cats."

"No. We don't really like the idea of animals inside, so it's a possibility we will not get pets any time soon."

"Okay. And is it okay if I walk around a bit? It's totally fine if you're against it."

"No. That's okay."

After walking around the home, at least the places she felt were more important, it was safe to say that Amarah was impressed.

"Okay! Now that's out of the way, there are some things that you guys must know about Anovah. For starters, she's been through so much to say she's only two-years-old. She been neglected, abused, and we have reason to believe that she might've been molested as well; we're waiting for her tests to come back."

Shocked at this newfound information, Farah felt her heart breaking once again. And Treyton saw red.

"Did her parents really do all of that to her? Like was it just those two?"

"From what we know so far, yes. They've broken countless bones in her body, it's honestly a blessing that she's still alive. Now, like I said before, we haven't gotten the results about the molestation. But once it comes back, we'll have more information."

"Wow. I honestly don't know what to say. That poor baby."

"They getting locked up right? Like why they still walking freely?"

"We're working on it. They have been laying low recently, but Bianca, Novah's mother, has tried to go up to the home to see her."

"Well I can assure you that we would NEVER mistreat a child. We've been trying to have our own for too long. And we've come so far to just mess that up."

"I honestly believe it. Mrs. Mason already put in a good word for you guys. I was actually shocked when I learned how much of a liking Anovah had taken to you guys. That makes the process easier, actually."

"Well we really like her too. And we can't wait to make her apart of our family permanently."

"Well, let's continue our conversation."

After much more talking about the process and Anovah, Amarah was pleasantly surprised with the young couple after she left their home. She hadn't met anyone more dedicated to something before; let alone adopting a child. However, she had a great feeling about them.