Veinte

Miami, Florida
2:00 P.M.
The Next Day...

The following morning, Treyton sat with Farah and Novah in the kitchen and vented. He told about how he was hurting and starting to feel drained. He didn't want them to see him that way, but it was tiring to hold up a hard exterior all the time. He was slowly crumbling.

After venting to them, he went in to work for a while and Farah decided to confirm some appointments at home. Novah was just in her own world all day so far; just being happy.

Now, Farah and Novah were walking through the mall. They were trying to find some silly little stuff that would cheer Trey up, and of course Farah just had to get her baby some new little bows and toys.

When they were walking out of Build-A-Bear, Farah holding Novah, they were being watched; Farah just didn't know. Clarence and Howie were following them around the mall all day, and Novah was the only one who seemed to have noticed. Being that she hasn't seen her biological father in a while, she was a little freaked out. But deep down she knew her morher wouldn't let anything happen to her.

What made her start to hyperventilate was when Clarence locked eyes with her and begun speed walking toward them. When he got closer, Novah gripped Farah's shirt tighter and began to cry.

"What's wrong, Peaches?"

"Hello, Farah. Novah."

Rolling her eyes hard, Farah spun around with a huge sigh.

"At this point y'all are weird. Really. What is up with y'all people?"

"We're going to continue on until you give us Novah back. We leave in a couple weeks, so y'all have some time to think. Just don't make it hard."

"Tuh. Y'all already making it hard. And she's not going anywhere, sir."

Howie looked at Clarence and smirked at him. They thought they could take advantage of Farah because she was alone, but boy were they wrong.

"Your husband isn't here, Farah. Just give the child to us and nobody has to get hurt. It's that simple."

"My husband doesn't have to be here. Y'all can't take her from me. So bye."

Once again, Clarence made the mistake of putting his hands on her. Novah screamed, and Howie snatched her and tried to run off. But, the people around were already waiting for something to happen.

Two guys tackled Clarence when he grabbed the back of Farah's neck, being that he was a little on the tall side, and he weighed roughly 350 pounds. They tried to hold him, but it wasn't enough. He got up and grabbed Farah by her hair, dragging her to the entrance of the mall with the men desperately trying to get him off her. Novah was in front of them being held by Howie. He had his hand over her mouth, pinching her side every six seconds in an attempt to quiet her down.

The two men didn't give up on Farah, though. They continued following them outside to get a license plate number if needed.

"Hey! Let her go!"

"Mind your business, man. You about to be next."

Farah was tired of playing nice with him. So, tuning out the commotion around her and focusing on her crying daughter, she reached and punched Clarence in his nose with all her might. He bent over, clutching his gushing nose and let her go. She then kicked him between his legs and he fell.

Howie heard the noise and tried to run out the mall the rest of the way. Novah, still crying, leaned over and bit his ear. This caused him to drop her and groan in pain.

Farah ran and picked her up. She didn't even stop to say anything other than thanking the men who helped her as best they could.

She ran to her car and made sure to strap Novah in before going around to her side. She locked the doors immediately, and two seconds later the passenger front and back doors were getting yanked on. Novah started screaming and Farah was visibly scared at this point.

Coincidentally, Treyton started calling her. She frantically answered, with Anovah still screaming in the backseat and Howie and Clarence were now trying to bust open her car windows. Farah put the car in drive after cranking up, and she pulled off fast.

"BAE! WHAT THE HELL YOU DOING?"

She had forgotten he was even on the phone just that fast. She was too busy trying to figure out how Howie and Clarence knew where they were.

"BAE! WHY SHE CRYING LIKE THAT, MAN?"

"WE JUST GOT ATTACKED, TREY, DAMN!"

"BY WHO?"

Before she could answer, her car was hit from the back. She didn't lose control of the car, but the hit was enough to shake them up even more.

She unintentionally hung up on Treyton, but he called right back. When she looked down for a second to pick up, she was hit once more from the back and the car started to spin out of control while Farah and Novah screamed, and Treyton kept yelling their names all the while getting up and heading outside to get to them as soon as possible.