Veintiocho

Miami, Florida
4:00 P.M.
The Same Day...

It had been a couple hours now since they made it back to the house. Farah had came to a while ago, but she wasn't as upset as she was previously. It's like she forgot all about what happened. She was laying in the living room with Novah, and she was acting normal.

Treyton knew it was all a cover up, but he was also thinking that maybe she felt relieved in a way. Maybe she just needed to know her family at least still thought about her in order to let some of her anger go. He didn't know for sure, but he wasn't going to completely dismiss the situation either.

Trey walked around the corner with Novah's medicine, but stopped when he heard Farah on the phone.

"I don't know, grams. I just don't feel anything."
-
"Yes! And I know Trey just as confused. I'm just over the situation."
-
"Yes ma'am. But I think he coming back now. I'll talk to you later, lady."
-
"I love you too. Later."

Trey continued around the corner completely and felt a little at ease. He knew it wouldn't last long for the simple fact Fatinah was going to keep trying now. But, he wouldn't dwell on it if Farah didn't.

"Hey, mamas. Peaches woke?"

"Yea. She just laying here right now."

Novah knew what time it was, so she put her face into her momma's stomach and turned away from her daddy.

"Don't be like that, Novah. Daddy just wants you to get better, boobutt."

"No. Daddy can go, mommy."

Farah bust out laughing while Trey stood there with his mouth wide open. It was pretty evident that Novah was slowly becoming a momma's girl, and he didn't know how to feel about that.

"Don't do me like that! I'm trying to help you out. Wit' yo' sick self."

Novah didn't have the energy to argue back, so she did what she thought would make him go away; she gave him the finger.

Farah looked off to the side being that she knew Novah got it from her, and Trey just looked at her shockingly.

"Don't do that, Peaches."

Farah tried to be serious after telling her that, but she couldn't because of the look on her husband's face. He was now squinting at them with the nastiest look ever.

"I will not accept this treatment, little girl. Let your momma give you the medicine."

He walked away dramatically and Farah finally laughed loudly. She wasn't trying to, but she couldn't hold it in anymore.

Novah laughed too, and she made sure to be dramatic with it. Of course Treyton heard them, and he threw a spoon from around the corner.

After calming down, Novah let Farah give her the medicine and she was now on her way to sleep. Trey found this as the perfect opportunity to talk to her.

He went into their room where Farah was, and came straight out with the questions.

"How you feeling?"

"About Fatinah? I don't feel any type of way. I been done with her and I don't feel like rekindling any type of relationship."

"Okay. But bae, tell me if you feel like you falling back into that dark space, man. I don't feel like cursing people out no more!"

Laughing out loud, Farah hugged her husband and gave him a little peck on the lips. She felt like he didn't get as appreciated as he should, and she had to make sure to show him a little more.

"I know, boo. And I'll let you know if I have the slightest change of heart. Promise."

"Aight now."

As Trey went to get up, Farah grabbed his arm and pulled him back down. He looked at her confused for a second, but he came to realization when he saw the look she was giving him.

"Baby girl will be sleep for a while. So lock the door, and let's do what we do best. If you want to, of course."

As quick as lightning, Treyton locked the door and ran back to Farah while she laughed loudly. These were honestly some of the best moments of theirs. And they made sure to cherish them.