Treinta y ocho

Miami, Florida
7:10 A.M.
Some Days Later...

Not Proofread!!

Farah and Treyton were headed over to the daycare to get back Novah's bracelet. When Farah informed him that it was found, he was relieved because of the price and importance of the bracelet.

"Did you tell her we coming, bae? I'm not tryna be here too long. I gotta get back to my baby."

Farah and Treyton haven't had much time to spend with Cicely, so they decided to let her get Novah for a while and chill with her for the day. Of course Treyton, being dramatic as usual, didn't like her being away from him too long.

"Dude! Let her enjoy time with her granny. She tired of being up under you!"

"No she ain't, jealous ass. If you wanna be up under me just say that!"

"I ain't finna argue wit' you, Trey! Leave me alone!"

"I don't care, goofy."

Farah didn't have time to respond because they had pulled in the front of the building. Renée was almost ready to walk her class into the building when she noticed them.

"Good morning, you guys. We can go ahead in now. The bracelet's in my room."

They greeted her back and followed her in. Farah bad randomly and coincidentally remembered her strange conversation with Renée. She hadn't mentioned it to Trey because she knew what he would think, but she was really contemplating it.

Making it to the classroom, they stood outside the door and waited. Ever since the phone call Farah was a little hesitant on bringing Novah back. She easily picked up on Renée's caring nature, but it's weird to her now.

"You good, bae?"

"Yeah. Just thinking about something."

"You-"

"Sorry to keep you guys waiting! Here's the bracelet."

"Thank you! We've been looking for it too long."

"No problem. Umm...where is Anovah? Is she coming today?"

"Oh no. She's not going to come today."

"Is something wrong? Is she okay? Something I can help with?"

"Woah! Umm it's nothing wrong. We're just going to spend the day with her. She's okay!"

"Oh! Okay! I was worried for a second."

"Yeah...well we have to get going. Thanks again for finding her bracelet."

"You're welcome. See you guys tomorrow!"

The couple turned to walk away, but Farah was stopped by Renée calling out to her.

"Mrs. Williams! I'll be giving you a call later on! It's really important!"

"Okay!"

Renée walked back into her classroom and Farah caught back up with Treyton.

"What she talking about?"

"I don't even know."

Shrugging, he just opened the passenger door for her and went around to his side once she got situated. After they had been driving for about three minutes, Farah just couldn't bite her tongue anymore.

"Does she seem weird to you? Renée..."

"Nah. Why you ask that?"

"She just rubs me the wrong way now. And I don't like it."

"What she did? I need to go back up there?"

"No! She just...well we sort of had a weird conversation when she called about the bracelet."

"Weird how?"

"It felt like she was...I don't know. It just seemed odd!"

"We can look for another daycare, bae. You think she tryna get to Novah or something?"

"I mean that's what I'm thinking. She just seems too concerned about her; I don't know if that's a good or bad thing."

"You wanna find another one? We can do that today."

"Nah. I'm probably just overthinking it. We can wait it out and see."

"Farah if you uncomfortable we can change her daycare."

"I'm serious, boo. We don't have to switch. I'll let you know if I feel the same way at the end of the week. Promise!"

Trey looked at her for a while just to see if she looked unsure.

"Alright. Let me know, Farah. Seriously."

"I will! Now, let's go back to my baby!"

Instantly Trey's mind went back to just Novah and he sped up his driving to get to her faster.