Nova Tries Killing The Dead

When Harry said Nova might not take to kindly to the return of her fathers, he was never more right. 

In the meantime, the Returners, as they Sirius called them, took the time to catch up...and make ammends. 

"Siri," Regulus began quietly as he entered the kitchen with his brother. In the midst of the chaos, they didn't get a chance to speak with each other. 

Regulus wanted to have his brother back. He wanted to be able to speak with his brother beyond a simple greeting. To confide in him.

"Reggie," Sirius mocked light heartedly.

"I wanted to apologize-"

Regulus's words caught Sirius off guard. What did he have to apologize for?

"You don't need to."

"I didn't do anything when mother would-"

"It doesn't matter," Sirius said in a pained voice. "I didn't want you in the middle of it to begin with."

Sirius's silver eyes shifted to the Dark Mark displayed on Regulus's forearm.

"I betrayed him, you know?" Regulus state bluntly.

Unsure of what to say, Sirius nodded.

Awkward silence stood between the two brothers. Remus and the others watched from the door with immense interest. As Sirius turned to leave they bolted, running for the living room.

"I'm sorry too," Sirius stopped at the door as he spoke. "I could've saved you too."

As the day dragged on, Alex reacquainted with the group. While the others knew eachother to an extent, Alex was just the muggle Regulus kidnapped. Of course, in Heaven, they were a family.

But now Alex was nothing more than a stranger.

And that hurt them.

They grew up in a homophobic house hold where they were hated upon. Every waking moment they lived in fear.

Eventually, who they were lead to their death.

Yet, with the 'Heaven Crew' as they had called themselves, Alex felt at home.

Now that home was gone.

Temporarily...

"What's Harry like?" Lily Potter asked suddenly, shocking them.

"A dead man," Sirius said dead pan as he glared at a picture of Harry and Nova. The picture was taken in their sixth year. Their backs were against Nyx as the sleeping dragon's were shut. Harry's head was resting upon Nova's shoulder. Much like Nyx, his green eyes were shut. Nova was holding a children's book, but she, much like the other two, were asleep.

"He's-"

"Bloody hell!" Marlene shouted as she rushes to the window. "Is that a dragon?"

"Her name is Nyx," Dorcas answered as she read the paper.

"How'd you know?"

"Says so right here," she shrugged her dark shoulders.

"We don't trust what the paper has to say about Harry and Nova," Remus stated.

"Oh...so she wasn't born June first before being placed in Gryffindor at the age of eleven?" Dorcas challenged.

"We don't trust most of it..." Sirius corrected.

"Right..."

Sirius watched the clock anxiously as the seconds ticked by. He'd been sitting there for the past hour.