Third Year Part One

The Cullens had stayed for in a couple of the guest rooms at Potter Manor, despite not technically sleeping. It was a vampire thing; they never slept. They left the following morning with a farewell. 

It was safe to say everyone was beyond shocked that Nova was friends with a group of vampires. They were even more shocked seeing the sibling-like relationship she shared with them. 

When Harry questioned Nova about why she never told him, her answer was simple; she couldn't find the right time to. She had only just started opening up about what she had gone through in the war. Telling him about baby pineapple and Greyback only to move on to hanging out with vampires didn't seem to fit right. Even more so, not even two weeks later had everyone returned from the dead. Thankfully, he understood. 

When they had entered the pensive, the group watched their memories. 

It was safe to say there was great emotional pain on Sirius's part. He heard his daughter continuously denied any associations or ties to her parentage. He watched as he was the thing she feared the most. He watched as she suffered from the taunts and glances of her classmates all because of her heritage. 

When the time came for Nova to be disowned from the house of Morgenstern, his pain quickly turned to anger and then to pride.  

Harry got an ear-full from his mum at his pettiness he showed Hermione when she reported the firebolts. 

"Glad to see I'm not the one being scolded for once," James joked while Harry tried to shrink back. 

"She was looking out for you!" Lily ranted. "But all you cared about was a bloody broomstick! So much like your father!"

"Bad luck, Prongs," Sirius elbowed him. "Almost got outta that one."

"Don't even get me started, Sirius Black," Lily said scathingly. "You acted like a criminal! No wonder everyone was out for your head! Sneaking into the Common Room with a bloody knife!"

When Nova had exploded on Trelawney, she could practically feel Lily's disappointment. While Lily wasn't into divination and, much like Hermione, thought it was a wishy-washy subject, she wasn't fond of Nova's blatant disrespect for a teacher. 

"Nova!" Ron yelled. "Run! It's him! It's Black!"

Theo snorted, "You really thought that was gonna work?"

The group watched as Sirius tried to reason with Nova in the beginning. Nova, being more stubborn than her fathers, did not listen. 

"You just got your arse handed to you," James laughed heavily as they watch Nova kick him to the floor. 

They watched eagerly as Remus appeared, and told them the story of his Hogwarts career. They watched as Severus appeared, and tied ropes around Remus. They watched as Hermione, Ron, and Harry had knocked him out. They watched as Scabbers was placed into view. 

"S — Sirius . . . R — Remus . . ." Even Pettigrew's voice was squeaky. Again, his eyes darted toward the door. "My friends . . . my old friends . . ."

Black's wand arm rose, but Lupin seized him around the wrist, gave him a warning look, then turned again to Pettigrew, his voice light and casual.

"We've been having a little chat, Peter, about what happened the night Lily and James died. You might have missed the finer points while you were squeaking around down there on the bed —"

James doubled over in laughter along side Marlene. 

"Why are you so nonchalant about it?" 

"Remus," gasped Pettigrew, and Nova could see beads of sweat breaking out over his pasty face. "you don't believe him, do you. . . ? He tried to kill me, Remus. . . ."