Date Night Interrupted

For perhaps the first time in, well ever, Harry hadn't been nervous when he asked Nova on a date.

Okay, maybe he was a little nervous.

You'd think after facing the darkeat wizard of all time and surviving would make you feel invincible. Yet, when it came to Nova, he would always crumble.

Before the two had left, Sirius crossed his arms over his chest and looked Harry, who was slightly taller now, in the eye.

"Have her home by 8," he demanded.

Before Nova could protest, Remus grumbled and dragged his husband off by the ear, telling the young couple to have fun and stay out of trouble.

Nova held onto Harry's are as they walked down the streets of a nearby muggle town. She could feel the warm that radiated off of him, and she found the comfort in it.

"And then Dad sheepishly kissed Mum's cheek-" Harry recounted as he told Nova the story of a prank he and his father did for the tenth time. She was elated to see the smile on Harry's face. It was perhaps the happiest she has ever seen him, and she couldn't be happier.

"I'm sure Aunt Flower loved cleaning up the mess," Nova chuckled as the turned the corner.

Walking through different muggle towns as the sun set was one of their favorite things to do. They were nobodies here. There wasn't anyone goggling at them or wanting their autographs. Here, they could be normal.

"My Dads are over the moon to have everyone back," Nova remarked with a smile. "Although, they all like to act like teenagers sometimes. I caught Da and Uncle Prongs trying to prank Uncle Reg the other night. Poor bloke just wanted to sleep."

"He should know better than to sleep on the couch," Harry chuckled. "That leaves you open to anything."

"Do you remember that time when George turned your hair green after you fell asleep in the Common Room?" Nova laughed brightly the memory.

"I was stuck like that for a week," Harry grumbled as they entered a restaurant.

The couple sat down and ordered their food and drinks.

"As much as I love everyone," Nova began slowly. "Don't you think they should integrate themselves in our world soon?"

Harry was silent for a moment before he responded, considering what she had said.

"Yeah. It's weird having everyone there all of the time. There's no time to just relax, because something is always happening," Harry agreed. "And as much as I love my parents and aunts and uncles, I enjoyed a time when it was just the two of us and the six million animals you brought with you."

"I'm always worried when we have to leave for work," Nova remarked. "I don't want them just disappearing, or breaking anything."

"What do you think their reaction will be when we tell them?"

"I think there will be a lot of dramatics, it is my father after all," Nova laughed before mimicking Sirius. "'My little lion kicking me out! This is betrayal!'"

Harry laughed loudly, drawing the attention of nearby tables.

"I will talk to Kingsley," Nova stated. "Which I am assuming will come with a statement to the public."

"Only a small one," Harry chuckled. "Can you imagine all of the blokes owling the ministry about Sirius Black strolling down the street with James Potter?"

Nova's laugh was cut short by the appearance of Kingsley, the new Minister. It was odd seeing him in normal muggle attire.

"Speak of the devil."

"Wotcher, Nova, Harry," he said sitting next to Harry and folding his dark hands in front of him. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"Oh, no, nothing at all," Harry rolled his eyes. The one night they try to have some one on one time and the Minister of Magic shows up.

"My apologizes, Potter," Kingsley said pleasantly before turning to Nova. "You're needed at the ministry."

"Right now?" Nova questioned, her brows furrowing.

"I'm sorry, Nova."

"Alright, let me just finish my chocolate milk," she said downing the glass and standing.

Harry made to follow the two.

"Potter," Kingsley turned around to stop him. "We only need Lupin-Black."

Harry nodded, and placed a small kiss on the top of Nova's head. "Have fun, my love. Stay out of trouble."

"No promises, darlin." Nova smirked before she and the Minister apparated away.

When returned to Potter Manor, he found Sirius, Remus, and his parents waiting for him. They all stood when they saw him and smiled.

"Where is, Lion?" James wondered.

"Kingsley needed her help with something," Harry shrugged.

"Is it dangerous?" Sirius asked, panicked slightly.

"I hope not," Harry responded. "I was told to stay."

"She will be alright, Harry," his mother said in a soft, comforting tone.

"I just don't like being away from her since-" Harry stopped abruptly.

"I know, Harry," Remus sympathized, knowing he was referring to when she was kidnapped. "Me either."

James, Lily, and Sirius shared confused glances.

***

Nova followed Kingsley through the halls of the Ministry. She hasn't been here since Sirius died, and she couldn't help but allow the memories of his death to flood his mind.

As they arrived in Kingsley's office, Nova saw a box sitting on his desk.

"I had contacted the aurors, and asked them to track down Greyback just like you asked," He said, his deep voice filled the silence of the room. "They tracked him to a run down house in Scotland. There, they found this."

He pushed the box towards her.

"It has already been checked for hexes and jinxes," He said, noticing her hesitation at opening the box.

It wasn't her fear of the spells that could be on it that scared her.

When she opened it, she found a silver baby rattle inside. She recognized it. It was hers when she was a child, which was left at Grimmauld Place.

I would've expected stronger protections, Little Lupin. We wouldn't want a repeat if last time or Littlest Lupin to get hurt, would we?

Nova took a shakey breath.