First Year Part Three

"Oi! Potter!" one of the older Slytherins taunted. "I'll be sure to have someone run around under you with a mattress. Couldn't have The Boy Who Lived getting hurt, can we?"

Sirius snorted as he watched a younger Hermione pull a young Nova back, trying to keep her from beating the boy, who was nearly triple her size, to a pulp. 

"You know, in Elizabethian London people claimed the bigger your forehead was, the wiser you were," Nova sassed, glaring at the elder boy. "That clearly isn't your case, is it?"

"Awe, look!" Lily pointed to a young Harry, who was looking at Nova in admiration. 

"Whipped!" Regulus snorted. 

Ron threw a pillow at him while Harry blushed and Nova smirked. 

"What did you say?" the boy growled. 

"Oh joy!" she rolled her eyes. "You're hard of hearing too!" As Nova continued, her words were slow and very loud, attracting everyone's attention. "JUST. BECAUSE. YOU. LACK. THE. ABILITY. TO. COMPREHEND. BIG. WORDS. AND. FEEL. INFERIOR. TO. AN. ELEVEN-YEAR-OLD. DOESN'T. MEAN. YOU. CAN. BE. A. PRETENTIOUS. DOUCHEBAG."

"Miss Black," Flitwick squeaked. "There is no need for such volume and use of language."

"Sorry, sir," she turned to him with a sincere face. "I was simply helping a fellow student of mine understand that people actually have talent beyond the basic functions of life."

Something passed through Flitwick's eyes, before nodding sadly and rolling his eyes. As he walked away Ron and Nova turned to Harry. 

"You better catch the snitch," Ron nodded. 

"I've got money on you, Harold," Nova added. "I want my galleons."

Harry gulped. 

"Oh stop you two!" Hermione hooked her head. "You're making him worried!"

"It's not that bad!" Nova objected. "It's not like he needs to save the world or anything!"

"Sirius, Remus," Harry turned to his godfather. "Do you happen to have any seerer blood in your family?"

"I don't think so," Sirius's dark brows furrowed. "Why?"

Harry shrugged. "It's just that Nova has predicted a lot over the years."

"I didn't predict that much-" Nova stopped mid-sentence. "Okay yeah...I predicted a lot."

Ron, Nova, Hermione joined Neville, Seamus, and Dean the West Ham fan up in the top row. As a surprise for Harry, they had painted a large banner on one of the sheets Scabbers had ruined. It said Potter for President, and Dean, who was good at drawing, had done a large Gryffindor lion underneath. ThenHermione had performed a tricky little charm so that the paint flashed different colors.

"Ugly rat," Ginny growled. 

"You should've drawn the lion eating a snake," Nova huffed as she elbowed Dean. 

"That's too violent!" Hermione reasoned, flicking Nova's ear. "You'll scare the children."

"We are the children!" Ron exclaimed. 

"Besides, if we can look at Snape's face and not be traumatized, we can look at a lion tearing a snake to shreds," Nova huffed as she took off her scarf and handed it to Neville. "It's annoying me. You take it."

"I'm alr-" Neville tried to object, but Nova sent him a small glare and he was quiet. 

"You're not allowed to get sick, Nev," she huffed. "Take the bloody scarf."