Third Year Part Two

"Out of general curiosity," Lily asked the teenagers. "What was your favorite year at Hogwarts?"

"Seventh Year," James answered without hesitation. 

"Are you under the age of eighteen?" Lily asked her husband curiously. 

"Mentally he is," Regulus answered deadpan with a shrug. 

"Reg! Be nice!" Alex flicked him in the forehead. 

"What? He stole my donut!"

"For the last time, I didn't know it was your donut!" James shouted in defense. 

"I liked sixth year," Ron shrugged, cutting off the argument. "It was honestly the easiest. There wasn't impending doom looming over our heads, and the worst thing that happened was Dumbledore's death. Which . . . wasn't all too bad. Besides, it was right before everything went to hell."

"I have to agree with, Ron," Hermione nodded. "It was the closest we had to a normal year."

"Ah, sixth year," Theo sighed dramatically.  "The year of broom closest. The year I found Harry and Nova in a broom closest at least once a week."

Harry's face instantly resembled a tomato. 

"Like you were any better!" Nova fired back. "The amount of times I've used the map to find you two only to see you literally on top of each other!"

"Hold on," Sirius held up a hand before looking between Harry and Nova. "Broom closests . . .I really hope you two weren't doing what I think you were doing."

"Relax, Da!" Nova lied smoothly. "We were just playing chess. I read somewhere that practicing chess in the dark makes your performance better."

Harry's blush had officially covered his entire face, not just his cheeks. 

Sirius seemed to be the only one that believe Nova's lie. In his defense, he was the only one Nova was trying convince. 

"Oi! Prongs!" Sirius called. "Maybe you should try that, playing chess in the dark. Maybe it'll help you, seeing as you're rubbish at the game."

James spat out his water. 

***

"I may play Quidditch," Past Nova began, being dramatic after running across the field. "But my fabulous legs were not made for running."

Hermione continued to catch her breath but laughed along with Harry at Nova's statement.

"I swear the next time I run, there better be some sort of psychopath behind me, or chocolate better be involved," Nova said, getting to her feet. "Now, let's go save my favorite killer chicken!"

"Right," she gasped. "We need to sneak over to Hagrid's. . . .Keep out of sight . . ."

They made their way silently through the trees, keeping to the very edge of the forest. Then, as they glimpsed the front of Hagrid's house, they heard a knock upon his door. They moved quickly behind a wide oak trunk and peered out from either side. Hagrid had appeared in his doorway, shaking and white, looking around to see who had knocked. And Nova heard Harry's voice. When she looked at him, his lips weren't moving.

"It's us. We're wearing the Invisibility Cloak. Let us in and we can take it off." Past-Past Harry spoke. 

Hagrid's protest was barely audible. 

"This is the weirdest thing we've ever done," Harry said fervently.

"What? Having too many Nova Lupin-Blacks in one place distracting?" Nova teased, sending a flirtatious wink at Harry. He blushed a deep scarlet causing Nova's smile to grow.