Second Year Part Three

"Harry, you need to relax," Nova said a soothing tone not long after they left the pensive. "It's not that big of a deal-"

"Merlin, Nova!" he shouted, wheeling around to look at her. "They didn't even hurt me physically, but I hate them. I hate them more than I can hate anyone. How are you okay with what they did? How are you-"

"I'm not okay with it," Nova cut across. "Harry, what they did, it still affects me. I wish I could go back make it so it never happened. But I can't. Harry, what they did to me partially makes me who I am. I'm still healing from it all, but it doesn't hurt or strike fear as much as it used to."

"How can simply be over it?"

"I'm not," Nova corrected. "I'm healing. You can't wake up one day and suddenly the pain would be over."

"I know that," Harry huffed. "I just hate them more than anything."

"Yes, well, so do I," Nova shrugged. "Well there is no point of joining the memories. We might as wait until they're over."

***

The group watched in anticipation. As they paired off for dueling partners in the Dueling Club. They watched as Hermione moved beside Nova and Harry beside Ron. They watched as Snape broke up what he called, 'the Wonder Team'. Harry and Nova tried switching partners, but Snape stopped them. Ron was pushed to work with Seamus, Hermione with a slytherin named Millicent Bullstrode, and Harry with Malfoy. Nova was the most unfortunate out of the bunch. She was sent off to attempt to disarm Marcus Flint.

"Is he mad?" Regulus exclaimed looking at the size of sixth-year Flint and second-year Nova. "Is he actually mad?"

"Well, he hates Nova," Ron shrugged. "Don't worry, she doesn't lose. It's highly entertaining."

Lockheart began to count. The students were meant to attack on three, but Malfoy had already fired a spell at Harry. He felt as thought he'd been hit over the head with a saucepan. He stumbled forward slightly before firing back.

"Rictusempra!" Harry yelled. Silver light hit Malfoy in the stomach and he doubled over in laughter.

"Attaboy!" James cheered. "I love that spell! No offense, Malfoy."

Meanwhile, Nova had side stepped as Flint tried disarming her. He kept firing the spell over and over again, but Nova had begun to dance. Literally. She spun to the side, quickly dodging his spells. She slid out of the way. She moonwalked backward. She was grinning wildly.

Flint managed to 'disarm' her. He began to smirk, but it soon fell.

Nova was still grinning wildly. She dropped her chest into a bow and reached behind her. She drew her hand out, turning it so Flint could see very clearly, painfully clear.

"Illusion charms are a bitch, aren't they, Flint," she smirked, twirling her dark wand between her fingers.

"Holy shit-!"

"But we didn't learn that until seventh year!"

"How-?"

"Finite Incantatem!" Snape shouted over the chaos.

A haze of greenish smoke was hovering over the scene. Both Neville and Justin were lying on the floor, panting; Ron was holding up an ashen-faced Seamus, apologizing for whatever his broken wand had done; but Hermione and Millicent Bulstrode were still moving; Millicent had Hermione in a headlock and Hermione was whimpering in pain; both their wands lay forgotten on the floor. Harry leapt forward and pulled Millicent off. It was difficult: She was a lot bigger than he was.