006

Over the past few weeks, you've gotten closer to Jane, Masky, and Hoodie. You felt like you were slowly getting closer to EJ as well. He was finally starting to warm up to you. I mean he saw you at your most vulnerable moment, and he didn't judge you or think you were a monster. So naturally, you want to be closer to him. You really need friends right now. The past few weeks have been rough. You've been working on controlling your urges and your abilities as well.

You can run and move at an inhuman speed. Your senses have become sharper and you've become more aware about certain things. You can sense someone's heartbeat and even their body temperature. You can sense their fear as well. You've noticed EJ's heart rate speeds up faster when he's around you.

Maybe I make him nervous or annoy him. Who knows with him these days. He's been acting weirder than normal around me lately. Maybe it's because of what happened that evening in the woods?

You had spent more time with Jane seeing as she's the only female close to your age in the mansion. She's actually a really kind and amazing friend. Her fights with Jeff are even comedic sometimes. Masky and Hoodie tend to hang around you most of the time. You enjoy their company, but Hoodie gets on your nerves sometimes with his dirty humor. Masky on the other hand is more chill, yet grumpy.

Any time you had spent with EJ was him helping you control your urges or hunting. He told you he had the same issue before. He's been really helpful, but you wanted to get closer to him and know more about him. He's strange in a good way and you were curious as to what's under his mask. You have a "session" as he likes to call them with him soon. You're making your way toward his room, but stop when you hear two male voices.

One was Masky's distinct deep voice and the other voice sounded familiar, but in a different tone.

I wonder what they're talking about? I'm about to be nosy and find out.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

EJ's POV

"I don't know what to say to her half the time. Hell, I don't even know how to act normal around her either. She just... I don't know something about her just draws me in. I don't know if it's because of how beautiful she is or if it's something else. I don't know."

I notice Masky shift in his seat before speaking.

"Look I get it, man. She's really pretty and she's different from us. Literally, she's the only vampire here in the mansion. Hell, she's even grown on me and Hoodie. I like her too, just not how you like her."

I feel tense and adjust my mask.

"What do you mean you don't like her how I like her?"

"Dude it's painfully clear you like her more than a friend. I mean half the time you talk about her it sounds like you're some doped-up, love fiend. Seriously you're most likely so confused about her because you don't realize you have feelings for her."

Fuck. He's probably right. Do I have feelings for her? That can't be right, I don't have feelings for anyone, feelings have just become so foreign to me over the years.

"Look, just think about it, okay? The best advice I can give is to pay attention to how you act around her and vice versa. I'm sure you'll come to terms with your feelings before you know it. Who knows maybe she feels the same way."

Masky gets up from his seat and heads toward the door. He pulls out a pack of cigarettes and plays with his lighter.

"Just think about it okay, take your time or whatever."

He leaves and I sit there processing everything he just said to me. I guess I'll take his advice, I really don't have much experience with this stuff, much less know how to deal with it.

I guess I'll figure it all out when I see her soon.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

You hear the doorknob turn and click. You quickly back away. You bend down and pretend to tie the laces on your combat boots.

What did I just hear? Does EJ have feelings for me?

You look up while pretending to tie your laces and see Masky.

Oh, thank God it's not EJ. I think I would die right here on the spot.

Masky looks down at you and lifts up his mask. He places a cigarette between his chapped lips and chuckles.

"I didn't peg you as the nosy type Y/N."

You gasp and shake your head.

"I wasn't being nosy! I just got here and I was tying my laces because they came loose. I don't know what the hell you're talking about Masky."

He mumbles 'Mhm' and leaves for a smoke. You sigh and feel nervous all of the sudden.

Shit! I have to face EJ in a few moments. Do I not say anything and pretend I didn't hear what he said? Yeah, I'll do that.

You take a deep breath and knock on EJ's door. 

"Come in."

 The door makes a loud squeaking sounds as you enter. He doesn't turn to face you, but you know he's sensed your presence.

"Hey EJ, I'm ready for today's session. I was hoping maybe we could change things up a bit?"

You were nervous and felt like he could tell. You walk further into his room after closing the door. You stand there awkwardly and mess with the sleeves on your hoodie.

Okay, just stay calm and focused Y/N.

"Jack."

You look up at him puzzled. He finally turns to face you.

"You can call me Jack. It's my name, you don't have to call me EJ anymore if you don't want to."

You smile and let your hands fall to your sides.

"Okay, Jack."

You don't know it, but he's blushing underneath his mask. He cracks his knuckles before shoving his hands deep into his pockets.

"So what do you want to focus on today? You mentioned wanting to change things up a bit?"

"Oh right! I was wondering if instead of doing what we usually do, we could go for a walk or something. Just hang out with each other."

He nods his head and makes his way toward the door.

"Sure, a walk sounds nice."

You smile and clap your hands together. You do a little happy dance on your way out the door. You can hear him chuckling behind you as he closes the door.

The two of you make your way outside and choose a random path to walk on.