009

You're laying in bed and listening to music. A few days ago you went out with Masky and Hoodie to get some new clothes and essentials. You also managed to get some new books and a phone. Ben hacked so it was untraceable. You're working on getting a laptop too. You honestly find yourself getting bored sometimes in the mansion when you weren't with Jack or the others. You had better control over your abilities and urges, but sometimes you lashed out or lost control.

You stare at the ceiling and think about the day you and Jack had shared an intimate moment. Holding his hand and being so close to him felt so wonderful. You had butterflies in your stomach the entire time. You had never felt that way when you were with Silas. All your fears and anxieties disappear when you're with Jack.

I think I really like him. I want to do more than just hold hands. But maybe I should wait for him to make a move this time? I don't know how he feels, and I'm too shy to ask him.

You hear voices outside your door. You take a headphone out to hear what's going on. You hear something about a new person coming to stay in the mansion for a while, a potential proxy.

Geez, there are two of them already. I don't think I could handle another Hoodie.

One thing that catches you off guard is that this person was a female. Another female would be good, there are only two in the mansion. It would also be nice to hopefully have someone else to get along with or talk to besides Jane.

You get off the bed and step out into the hallway to see what the commotion was about. You find Jack and stand next to him. They were all huddled in the hallway talking over each other.

The female's name is Sylvie. She's going to be here tomorrow and begin her training with Masky and Hoodie.

Maybe they'll be out of my hair for a while. I can get closer to Jack. And have some quiet time to myself without Hoodie making dirty jokes every 5 minutes about something.

Jack leans down and whispers in your ear for you to come outside with him. You nod your head. You follow him away from the others. You wonder what he wants? Your hands brush against his other every now and then as you both make your way outside. It was hard to hide the blush creeping across your cheeks.

"I wanted to get away from all that. It was becoming too much. They act like it's the second coming of Jesus or some shit. Slender brings in a potential proxy like every few months, it's nothing new. If anything Hoodie will hit on her and scare her off within a week or so."

Jack sits down on the porch and pats the spot next to him. You sit down beside him and nudge your knee against his.

"Yeah, it was getting a bit chaotic. I guess they're just hyped about it being someone new to be around and all. Besides, it would be nice to have another female to talk to in the mansion."

He clears his throat and sighs. He crosses his arms and rests them on top of his knees. He lays his head down in the crook of his arms. You lean your head against his shoulder and sigh too.

Something was bothering Jack and it wasn't because of all the chaos back in the mansion.

"Jack is something bothering you?"

He shakes his head. You wrap your arms around his waist and hug him. You feel him tense up and then relax.

"If I told you, I'm scared you won't understand or feel the same."

Oh shit.

"You can tell me anything, Jack. I'm your friend, you can trust me. I don't like seeing you upset."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

EJ's POV

I take a deep breath and start to confess my feelings to her. It was now or never. It's been eating away at me for the past few weeks not saying anything about them to her.

Damn, Masky really got to me.

"Y/N. I really like you."

"I really like you too Jack. You're a good friend."

My heart stops. I knew she wouldn't understand. I remove her arms from around my waist and sit up. I look at her and take a deep breath again.

"No, I mean I have feelings for you. As in I like you more than a friend. I've had feelings for you for a while now. I didn't understand them at first until Masky said something about me acting differently toward you. And he really got into my head with that shit. So I thought about it and paid attention to how you acted around me and vice versa. So yeah... that's what has been bothering me."

She smiles and wraps her arms back around my waist. She buries her face into the crook of my neck and snuggles in. I feel flustered and find myself smiling.

So is this her saying she feels the same way? Or is she just letting me down easily? I really don't understand humans sometimes.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

You hug him even tighter and smile. You pull back just a bit so you could look at him.

"I feel the same way. I have feelings for you too Jack."

He takes his mask off to show you he's smiling.

Awh he's even blushing.

He wraps his arms around your waist and holds you close. You both hold each other close on the back porch until Hoodie busts the back door open.

"HEY, FUNBAGS! SO THIS IS WHERE YOU WENT."

"WHAT THE FUCK HOODIE! WHERE DID YOU COME FROM? YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME."

"Y'ALL OUT HERE BEING WEIRD OR ARE YOU TRYING TO EAT HIM?"

You flick him off. He ruined such a nice moment with his outburst. Almost took the door off its hinges too. You shift in Jack's arms so you could face Hoodie.

"What do you need?"

"I was looking for you, Slender wants you to come with us to pick up Sylvie."

"Um, why? I'm not a proxy nor am I going to be training with you guys. I mainly train with Jack."

Hoodie walks forward and reaches down to try and pick you up. You squeal and try hiding in Jack's hoodie. Jack goes into protect mode as Hoodie reaches for you.

"Don't fight me Funbags, let's go. Masky is already in a mood."

"OKAY! Okay, I'm coming. Just let me say goodbye and get my shit together. Tell Masky to take his chill pills. AND DON'T CALL ME FUNBAGS!"

"But you have huge boo-"

"DON'T YOU FINISH THAT SENTENCE OR I'LL KICK YOUR ASS!"

Hoodie whispers "boobs" and runs back into the mansion laughing. You roll your eyes and sigh. Jack looks at you with a confused expression. You blush from embarrassment.

"Funbags?"

"Uh yeah... Hoodie just calls me that because he's a perv."

"Because you have huge boobs?"

You internally scream and quickly stand up.

"Well, would you look at the time I've got to go. I'll see you when I get back, Jack."

He stands up and rubs the back of his neck nervously. You panic and make a move. You kiss his cheek, then run back into the mansion.

EJ was left on the front porch madly blushing and gently rubbing the spot on his cheek where you had kissed him.