011

It was Hoodie's turn to drive and you had to sit in the back with Sylvie. She kept quiet for the first hour and a half.

"So do you guys live in the mansion with Him?"

You sigh, since this morning she kept referring to Slender as He or Him. It annoyed you, Masky, and Hoodie as well.

"Slender isn't God or any other higher being."

You finally snap. Sylvie flinches and apologizes, avoiding your gaze.

"Meow, kitty's got claws."

Hoodie snickers and Masky smacks him on the back of the head. Masky clears his throat and speaks.

"Look, Sylvie, you really should call him Slender. He isn't someone you should be afraid of. He chose you for a reason. You keep referring to him like he's some higher being, and that is just going to piss him off or insult him. And Y/N don't snap at her, she's new to us and she's got a lot to learn and adjust to."

You sigh and mumble an apology to both Masky and Sylvie. You didn't mean to snap at her like that, you just couldn't shake that unsettling feeling you had around her. Maybe it's simply because she's new and you don't know her yet.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

After two more hours of driving, Hoodie puts the car into park. You see Jane, Jack, and the others waiting on the porch. You jump out of the car and run up the porch. You wrap your arms around Jane and hug her tightly.

"Ugh, I missed you bitch!"

"I missed you too slut!"

You both laugh and wait with the others for Sylvie to approach everyone. Masky and Hoodie go inside to inform Slender of her arrival.

You stand on the last step and motion for Sylvie to come closer.

"Guys, this is Sylvie."

Everyone says hello and crowds around her. You step back and make your way over to Jack. He holds his arms out and you snuggle your way into them. You smile and hug him tightly.

"Hi."

"Hi."

Jack pulls you aside and away from the commotion. He rubs your back and rests his head on top of yours.

"So, what do you think?"

"I don't know to be honest. I get this uneasy feeling around her like I don't trust her. But I don't know her, so I'm going to give it some time."

Everyone makes their way back inside after the excitement dies down. Jane and Sylvie come up the front steps and Sylvie seems upset.

"What's wrong?"

"Jeff was an asshole and scared her."

You shrug your shoulders and turn in Jack's arms so you could face the two females. You lean your head back against his chest and sigh.

"That's to be expected. It's Jeff's way of saying welcome to the shitshow."

Sylvie shivers and smiles weakly. Jane pats her on the back and smiles.

"Who's that?"

Sylvie looks over to Jack and you, giving off a questioning look.

"Oh right, that's EJ. You didn't get a chance to meet him earlier. He keeps to himself usually, he's a bit of a wallflower as you can see."

"Are you two a couple? Does everyone have to wear masks in this place?"

Jane laughs and Sylvie looks confused.

"Yeah, they're a couple, and no, only a few of us don't wear masks. It's optional really. You most likely won't have to wear one, but that's up to Slender to decide."

Sylvie gulps nervously and nods her head.

"Well, I guess it's nice to know I'm not the only human here."

This time you, Jack, and Jane laugh.

"No Y/N is actually half-vampire. But you are partially correct she's half-human too. So I'm sure you two will get along!"

Sylvie nervously laughs and makes her way inside to escape the awkwardness she found herself in. Only to realize she has no idea where to go inside the huge mansion.

You nudge Jack and he follows you inside, Jane and Sylvie follow suit. You lead Sylvie to Slender's office.

"So I don't know if you've actually met Slender before but he's freakishly tall."

You push the door open and see Slender sitting at his huge mahogany desk. Masky and Hoodie turn their heads to see who interrupted their meeting.

"Oh good, you're both here, splendid."

Slender rises from his seat and moves toward Sylvie. She takes a step back and stands behind you.

"Do not fear me, dear child. I mean you no harm. I wish to speak with you privately. However, if you would like to, you may have one of my children stay with you, whichever makes you feel more comfortable."

Sylvie nods her head and steps out from behind you. She was hesitant at first but accepts his invitation to speak privately. You, Masky, and Hoodie leave the room quietly.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Dude I thought I'd never get out of there. He got all pissy because Masky robbed the damn gas station."

"Dammit, Masky I had money!"

"Well, you should have told me sooner and I wouldn't have had to rob the shady ass place."

You groan and walk away to find Jack. You want to spend some time with him since you hadn't seen him all weekend. You would check in on Sylvie later.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

EJ's POV

I have truly missed her, but something seems off about her. She was unusually affectionate earlier. Maybe it was because she truly did miss me. But she pulled me even closer when Sylvie approached us. I suppose she really doesn't trust her and doesn't want her around me.

Is she being protective of me? That's supposed to be my job. I'm the one who wants to protect her. I care about her and if she doesn't trust Sylvie, then neither do I. For now, at least, something did seem off about her. I didn't sense any fear, yet she seemed scared.

"Oh good, you're in here. I can finally spend some alone time with you."

She crawls onto the bed and rests her head on my lap. I shift into a more comfortable position and take my gloves off. I run my fingers through her soft hair and smile.

"Jack, will you take your mask off so I can see you?"

I remove my mask and look down at her. She smiles and lifts her hand up to my face. She gently rubs my jawline, before moving to sit on my lap.

Shit, don't do that. I shifted positions for a reason. This is embarrassing. She's going to think I'm a pervert.

You finally get comfortable in Jack's lap, your plush thighs gently squeezing the side of his thighs. You feel something hard against the fabric of his jeans and smile.

"Jack, you really missed me didn't you?"