029

*2 weeks later*

You're waiting in a meadow not too far from the mansion for Jack to arrive. He's late and you're starting to get a bit more nervous.

It's been 2 weeks since I killed Silas, but I'm still worried something bad is going to happen. Everyone is okay, things were about as normal as they could be. Jack has been acting a bit off lately, I don't know if he's processed everything that happened, I don't know if I have either. I still feel guilty about everyone getting hurt, but they're all okay now. I just worry things are different between me and Jack now.

The sound of leaves crunching pull you out of your thoughts. Jack has his hands in his pockets, his mask wasn't on. He has on a fitted black shirt and dark grey jeans. His hair even looks tame for once, he looks nervous.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I think I'm okay now."

He pulls his hands out of his pockets and grabs your hands, his hands are shaking. You pull his hand toward your face and kiss it softly. His shoulders relax and he smiles.

"I think I'm more nervous than the first time I met you."

"You were nervous when we first met?"

"Yeah, you were and still are the most ethereal person I've ever seen. Your voice was so angelic it felt like I was dreaming. I didn't know how to speak or act around you, you made me nervous in a good way, and you made my heart race. How could I not be nervous when someone like you existed in my life."

You blush and play with his fingers absentmindedly. He takes in the details of your face before cupping the side of your face gently. He places a soft kiss on your lips and pulls you close.

"I thought you didn't like me when we first met."

"Of course I liked you. I was too busy falling for you, trying to figure out how to get to know you inside and out."

He pauses for a moment, seeming lost in thought. He opens his mouth to speak again but closes it. You take in the details of his face, wondering what was on his mind.

"Jack, what are you thinking about?"

"You, amongst other things."

"And what are those other things?"

"I had rehearsed what I was going to say over and over again, but now I can't find the words."

He pulls your hand to his chest, letting it rest above his heart. You could feel his heart beating rapidly, you couldn't help but smile. He kisses the bite mark on your wrist before letting it go. He takes a deep breath and reaches into his pocket. You watch his movements, everything feels surreal for a moment as he pulls out a little black box.

"Y/N, I love you more than words can express, and with every fiber of my being. I hope you'll be mine forever, and I'll love you until my dying breath. So... will you marry me?"

You smile as tears roll down your cheeks. You're the one with shaky hands now.

"Yes Jack, a thousand times yes!"

He gently slides a silver ring onto your finger and lets out a shaky breath. You cup his face with both hands and crash your lips onto his. He smiles against your lips and pulls you close.

"I love you so fucking much."

You sniffle and let out a shaky laugh.

"I love you so fucking much too."

He smiles as he pulls you down to the ground and into his arms. The grass and wildflowers tickle you as the wind gently blows. He softly kisses your forehead.

"Forever and always."

You lay your head on his chest and run your fingers over the wildflowers. His heart rate has slowed, and he's running his fingers through your hair.

"I want to hold you for a bit longer."