Chapter 13

"It was all Dalisay's plan. She is a member of a fanclub of ours. It's a group on Facebook. She got to know we were coming here and hitchhiking. So she, Anna and Jeff booked the same dates and was waiting for us near the highway. When we came out, she drove forward and pretended not to know who we are and gave us a ride."
Bright informed Win.

"Wow! So she made Anna and Jeff do these to make us both jealous and confess our feelings to each other?" Win was surprised.

Bright nodded, looking at him.

"That's why I was wondering why they are acting so weird with strangers. I mean I could tell they were up to something." Win said.

"Well you still fell for it. You did get jealous of Anna." Bright pointed out.

"Yeah, the same way you got jealous of Jeff." Win countered.

After finishing dinner, Bright was sitting on his bed, thinking what to do next. He had confessed his love to Win but what will happen when they go back home! He has to inform his mother about him and Win and maybe she will be devastated. All her dreams will be shattered. No daughter-in-law, no grandchild.

Win caught him in his thoughts.

"What is worrying you, Bright?" He asked.

"You know why she broke up with me?" Bright said.

Win understood he was referring to his ex.
"Because of the Taiwan controversy? Her stating that Taiwan was a separate country and Chinese fans getting pissed at that? So I guess your manager asked you to break up as it would also affect your fan base and career."

"No, that is not the reason. She broke up with me because she found the photos of yours I have taken on multiple occasions. She somehow got to know that I love you, not her. And that I was in denial."

"Where are the photos?" Win asked.

"Check the gallery of my phone. It is full of your pictures." Bright handed him the phone.

Win went to the gallery of the phone and looked at the photos. Some were photos taken that he was aware of, others he didn't even realize when Bright had taken those.

Win looked up at Bright and Bright said, "I have been fighting with myself. Since I was a kid, mom has always spoken about getting me married to a girl who would take care of her in the future and she could finally take rest. She wanted to play with her grandchild in her old age. Now I can't fulfill that wish of hers."

Win didn't know what to say. He remained silent.

"Don't worry. I am not going to leave you anymore. The fear of losing you once was enough to make me realize how much I love you. I can't imagine my life without you in it. You are the one, Win." Bright confessed.

Win was emotional again.