Chapter 8

James POV

Over the past weeks me and Carina have been bonding better. Then I got a call from the ministry saying me and my family has to go do something for them and they don't know how long. So we packed our stuff and got ready to leave when Carina came downstairs. "Daddy where are you going. Said Carina" I walked over to her and kneeled down to her. "Hey princess daddy will be back but I don't know when I'll be back but I'll write you." "Don't leave me please daddy. Said Carina." "I'm sorry princess but I have too." "Alright then but I'll call you and write you. Said Carina" She was crying and it broke my heart. "I love you Carina." "I love you too daddy. Said Carina" "James we have to go. Said Sirius" Lyra had to come and grab Carina because she wouldn't let go. We left and I can hear her crying. "Its for her safely James you'll see her again. Said James" "Yeah your right its for her safety." We all went to the ministry and they gave us an assignment they let Dumbledore know so he has to replaces our positions.

Lyra's POV

Carina was crying for James. "He'll be back don't worry." "Mom can I show you something. Said Carina" "yes baby what is it." She made an flower appear. "You magic came in luv." "Your not mad. Said Carina" "no luv I'm not mad I'm happy I was waiting for you magic to come in now I can teach you how to control it." We went into my office and I grabbed a grimoire and started to teach her some spells. "Mom when is daddy coming back. Said Carina" "I don't know luv but you can write him." "Alright I'm going to my room. Said Carina" she went to her room and Regulus came in my office. "She's heart broken Reggie she misses him." "I know but he had to go she'll be ok. Said Reg" "I hope she is." We talked for a while then I made dinner and we all ate. Then it was time to put Carina to sleep. "Mom can I sleep with you. Said Carina" "why hunny you always slept in your bed." "Because dad always stayed with me. Said Carina" "how about I stay with you so you won't be alone." "Yeah I like that. Said Carina" we got into bed and laid down. "Mom don't ever leave me. Said Carina" "oh I won't baby I'll stay with you forever." "Will you forgive me if I did something bad. Said Carina" "I'll forgive you either way you are my baby and nothing is going to change that." "I love you mom. Said Carina" "I love you too baby." I had tears in my eyes. She misses him and it brakes my heart to see her in pain.