Truth Be Told (Song)

"I say, "I'm fine, yeah, I'm fine, oh, I'm fine, hey, I'm fine"

But I'm not, I'm broken
And when it's out of control I say it's under control
But it's not and You know it
I don't know why it's so hard to admit it
When bein' honest is the only way to fix it
There's no failure, no fall
There's no sin You don't already know
So let the truth be told"

----Your POV-----

Me and Laine have been friends for years, Cindy knew my mom since they was kids. So me and Laine are very close, Cindy has always been there for me and my family.

I can talk to her about anything, She knows me better then I know myself sometimes. 

I had spent the weekend with the hardy's they live in the middle of no where and its the best thing in the world, all you can hear is the water moving along the bayou, the crickets are chirping and the dogs running free. No place I would rather be. Whenever I'm here you can find me on the porch swing watching the animals roam freely. 

I quickly got snapped out of my thoughts by Laine sitting harshly on swing beside me. 

"How long have you been here?" He asked smiling. 

I shrugged " Few hours I think, Where have you been? I can never get you out the damn bayou" I joked with him.  He chuckled and smiled looking happy as ever. 

" I met someone recently and she's great y/n, I can't wait for her to meet you. She was here a few days ago but you was at work.. I think you'll Love her.." He said smiling like a fool. His eyes are bright and cheerful.. He's stunning.. hearing the news of him finding someone, I was happy for him but there was a part of me that was broken knowing the boy I have loved for years Had slipped from hands. 

"Oh.." was all I could say.. " I um I should probably get home I have school in the morning." he just looked at  me confused. "Are you okay?" he asked. "Oh me? yeeah I'm Fineee." Liar. I got up went and got my things getting ready to leave and Cindy seen me, the face she made I knew she had heard the whole thing through the open window.. 

"I heard and I know how you feel towards that boy, and between me and you I; I wasn't a fan of the girl I would have chosen you over everyone.. I understand that you need to go clear your head baby. We all love you and you know you can come here anytime." she said and hugged me.

------------ weekend after all that ------------

I have avoided Laine all week, but he knows that If I turn down going to his house something would be up. 

So it's Friday, one last day to avoid Laine at school and come up with some reason I can't come over this weekend. 

I had quickly gotten my things out of my locker before Laine had even noticed I was here. I looked up to shut the door and my eyes met his. Shit.    I was about to hurry into the colony of students rushing the halls. but I knew I couldn't. I knew what I needed to do. 

"What's your deal?" Laine asked me. I looked at the floor. why is telling my best friend the truth so hard?

"You have been ignoring me for days, you won't even look at me. You haven't even met the girl yet Y/N and you're already writing her off. I don't understand the problem with you. You say you want me to be happy but yet once I finally am you give me the cold shoulder." He stared a hole right through me. everything he had said was true. 

"FINE truth be told  Laine, I do want you to be happy. I want you to be happy with ME. I have been here for you all this time and I loved you for more than half of it. So no Laine I don't want to meet her, no I don't want to get the whole thing rubbed in my face and No I DON'T want the pity party. don't ever say I don't want you to be happy. I more than anyone want that for you. I now understand that it doesn't matter how I feel. I don't want the pity. I gotta go." I said looking at Laine with tears. he looked baffled and kept his mouth open like he was going to say something but nothing came out, I just shook my head and continued my day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, new chapter. This is most likely part one of 2, but I Haven't made my mind up on it yet. 

word count: 828

- Shy 

I DO NOT OWN ANY MUSIC OR PLATFORMS THAT I USE. COPYRIGHT NOT INTENDED.