The Fame gets to Him.

Laine has always been a down to earth man. Anyone would tell you that. Lately he's been different. He's usually loving and caring, always puts people before himself. Since he has won American Idol he's been a little distant and cold towards me mostly.
"Laine." I said pausing the movie we was watching.
"What?" He replied not looking away from the screen.
"What's up with you lately? You've been so different the past few weeks.. and it's not like you."
" I can do what I want Y/N. You're my girlfriend not my mother."
"That's what I'm talking about laine! You have been a dick to me since you've gotten more fame!!"
He just rolled his eyes.
"I'm laine hardy. THEE Laine hardy if you don't want to be with me I could easily find someone who does I'm sure one of my fans would take up the offer quick." He replied coldly.
I just looked at him and blinked a few times debating if I had heard him right.
"Okay. I got it. You've gotten bigger since idol and I have been nothing but supportive and proud of you the whole way! But the way you are acting towards me isn't okay! I will not stay here and take you treating me like this because you have a talent and got rewarded for it. I love you laine but I'm not loving the new you. You've been so different just because you have been getting more attention than usual and I'll be damned if I sit here and take you talking to me like that. I don't know what you have done to my boyfriend but I want him back."  I got up from the couch and slipped my hoodie on and my shoes and went for a walk.

/Laine pov /
" I don't know what you did with my boyfriend but I want him back" those were the only words repeating in my head for the past hour. She's right. I have been a dick. I have been cold towards her since all of this and I don't have one damn excuse for it. She means the world to me and I haven't shown her that. I just wish she would pick up her phone. 

/Your POV/
Usually I don't speak my mind. I'm a shy person and I don't say things like I did but he needed a wake up call. My phone hasn't stopped ringing since I left. I walked home seeing as how I live pretty close. Now I'm laying in bed thinking of what he said. He's right. He could have someone new in the matter of minutes. I blinked away the tears forming and shook the thought off.
*ding*
5 new messages from Laine.
"Where are you?"
"I just wanna talk to you"
"Please"
"Y/N"
"Please talk to me. I wanna work this out"
I debated if I wanted to answer or leave him on read.
My good side stepped in. 'Reply'

"Okay, we will talk in the morning." I hit send and shut my phone off and went to bed.

The next morning we met at a park that was a few miles away from our houses.
We just walked around in silence not really knowing what to say to each other.

"So um what did you wanna talk about?" I asked trying to kill the silence
"Oh yeah um you was right, I should have never said what I said to you it wasn't right and I have absolute no excuse for how I have been acting. When you put me in my place I was shocked to say the least. I knew I really hurt you then.  I never wanna hurt you, I love you and I know I haven't been acting like it lately but I really do love you more than anything and I'm so sorry I let all of that fame get to my head."  He said looking up at me, his eyes looked like glass from the forming tears.
" you did hurt me. Especially when I have been there through the whole thing, I appreciate you apologizing. There is just one thing I want before I forgive you" I said seriously
"Anything." He nodded hopefully
"Never say those things and never let this fame change you cause quite frankly you suck" I laughed at the end.
" I promise I won't baby. And agreed I did suck" he chuckled while pulling me closer into his body kissing the top of my head.

————————————-
Sorry I haven't updated my life has been a little hectic lately. 💙

Word count:770

-Shy