New Everyday (song prefrence)

*** NOT MY SONG I DO NOT OWN ANY  OF IT**

' I always thought the whiskey was just somethin' that you sipped
I always thought a smoke was somethin' I'd never do again
I thought I was in control
And I was on a roll'

-Your POV-
I have been spending some time alone recently since Laine had left.

"Y/n?? Helloooo??"  I looked up at Matt waving his hands I'm front of my face. I was in a total gaze.

"You're thinking about how him again aren't you??" He asked me concerned.

"Just shut up and get me another whiskey" I said to him rolling my eyes. He just shook his head chuckling at me.

It didn't take him long to put the glass in front of me; it didn't take long for me to down it either. As long a I could remember whiskey was just something to slowly sip and enjoy.  Anymore it's just a numbing method.

"Another" I said looking at Matt. He was hesitant this time but did it anyway.

" you know y/n you have been coming to this old bar for a few months now and I have grown to really care about you and I think you need to sort some things out with that boy of yours. It's not healthy shootin whiskey the way you do every day" he said concerned handing me another.

I took the shot.

"Thanks but there's nothing to figure out Matt" I said as I laid down a $50
"Keep the change." I said grabbing my bag and getting up from the wooden stool I have grown to fond of.
"See you tomorrow y/n"

I didn't reply just kept walking to the exit.

I got to my car and seen the cigarettes from months ago sitting on my seat. Once me and Laine got together he made me quit the horrible habit and I loved every second of it. I loved not smoking anymore. My body just couldn't help it... I opened the pack stuck it between my lips and lit it.. the first puff was like nothing..

I didn't realize how much I have missed it... but I also thought I would never do it again. Laine would be so upset if he knew the road I was on. At this point in time I don't really give a shit he's not here anyways.

For 2 years now I have had it under control but now.. that control has vanished.

"I never thought a picture was enough break me down
I never knew a king size bed was just another place to drown
Or how lonely lonely sounds
But man, I get it now"

12 am. I couldn't sleep at all. I just got up and hopped in the shower played some music. Once I got out I went into my kitchen opened a beer and just sat on the counter on my phone. I glanced away from my phone long enough to give my eyes a break and a picture on the wall in the dining room had caught my glance.

Tears has formed and my heart was cold.
I shook my head to get the thoughts out. I can't let a picture break me as if I was glass. The photo was taken on our first day of high school.

I decided it was time to go to bed; though that didn't help my thoughts.

A huge king size for one person is way too much. I rolled over and seen the empty space Laine once took. Tears began to pour like a river into the ocean.. my chest started to get tight as If I was drowning right here in this king sized bed.

I have always heard the word lonely and I always knew the meaning but I have never felt the meaning until now... I understand everything. I never knew lonely would be this lonely.

— next morning—

I had woken up with a horrible headache from crying myself to sleep.. I just laid in bed for a while not really wanting to move.

*phone buzzing*

'1 new message'
'Laine'
"Hey y/n! I know it's been a while since we have spoken but I um... I miss you.. a lot actually and I know that last time you heard from me we had that huge fight but I can't stop thinking about you.. I'm sure you are doing fine better then me anyway.. I do love you. I'm sorry it was this way."

It broke me I'm not gonna lie. I missed him too. I love him too.

I was hesitant but replied.

"I miss you too... I'm really lonely and I keep screwing everything up and.. I just.. I'm not the same without you here. The house isn't the same. My heart isn't the same either.. after all the loneliness I understand why you took the job even though it was 4000 miles away.. I was so mad at you for just leaving like that but I have had a few months to understand and I'm so sorry."

My phone started ringing
"Laine is calling"

My heart started beating so fast but I answered

"Hello?"

"I'm coming home. This job isn't worth losing you over." I smiled
"My arms are still open and I'm waiting for you."

——————————

Well it's been a while and I stayed up half the night just to get an update out 😅😅 anyway I don't have the time to edit this sooooo sorry for all the mistakes I am writing on my phone and not my laptop lol!!

Word count:936
- shy