Question 24 💗

Avans POV

"Hey little one" I heard from behind me. I turned around and saw liz stood before me smiling.
"Ahh Liz McGillz just the person u wanted to see. I was um...I wanted to know if you would um..."
"Av what's up" she laughed
"There's this dinner thing, at my house...my brother and sister are bringing their partners, it's to meet my sisters boyfriend and I really don't wanna go alone...so, will you be my date?"
I bit my lip in nervousness. I really like this girl and I've just asked her to be my date to a family dinner....I'm crazy.
"I- I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked it's totally uncalled for...I just didn-"
"Av...stop taking. I'd love to come" she smiled

That for me was a heavy weight that was seriously lifted off of my shoulders.

Liz's POV

As we finished up dinner Avan asked me to come upstairs for a little while to just hang out and It was only 7pm so I didn't see any reason to head home just yet.

We sat upstairs and watched some episodes of Nashville, ate popcorn and just talked about the stupidest things laughing until our stomachs hurt.

I checked my phone and saw it was...11pm?!
"Oh my god Avan I have to go it's 11pm my moms gonna freak"
He grabbed my arm and pulled me back down onto his...lap. He then quickly moved me off once he realised what was happening.
"I- I'm so sorry I didn't mean that" he laughed awkwardly. "I just meant to stop you from leaving. I'll just get my mom to message your mom and you can stay here." He said.
I guess it made sense. It was already 11 and I had no reason to go home so I agreed.

Avan handed me a top and some of his sisters bicycle shorts.
"So am i sleeping in the couch?" I asked
"Well I guess...I just kinda assumed that we would share the bed." He but his lip looking nervous. He's so cute.
"Okay...I like that idea"
I smiled at him and saw him relax a little.

I hopped into the bed and patted the space next to me. He sat down and smiled at me. That damn smile

"Hey can we answer the next question?" He asks. "Sure we can"
"Okay Um...how do you feel about your relationship with your mother?"
"I don't really know what to say" I laughed "my relationship is good so is yours. Pointless question." We just laughed it off.

We just lay there staring at each other for a while. It was dark and so neither could really see anything of each other. I felt a hand reach out and brush a piece of hair out my face. I leaned into him and kissed him for a short moment. I pulled away first but he grabbed my face and carried on. We only pulled away when we were gasping for air, and at that moment I was pretty damn sure that had the need for air not stopped me, I would've gone the full way with him right then right there and for that I was mad at myself, but proud of myself too. I'd accepted the fact I was falling for Avan, and that fact was way too scary to comprehend, but I had at least started to understand it.

———————
A/N
I have a new book out called fear of the dark...READ IT. I think it'll be a really good one tbh <3