Question 3 💗

Please read the authors note at the end of the story ♥️

Liz's POV
it's officially a month now of us working on Nickelodeon and we didn't have work tomorrow so to celebrate we decided to have a sleepover again. Kinda to reminisce about the old times.

At matts for the sleepover

"I can't believe it's been a month" Matt said
"How is it that it's felt so quick but I feel like I've known you guys for so long" I added
"It's insane" said ari "I never imagined that I would meet such amazing friends. I mean yeah me and lizzy met friends on broadway and we were super close but nothing like this"
As the night went on we danced and sung and laughed a lot. We played stupid games like truth or dare and never have I ever when finally everyone fell asleep. Well almost everyone...

Avans POV
I just laughed as I looked around the room
"Some things never change eh" I laughed
"And they never will" liz laughed back "I'm not tired enough to go to sleep"
"Me neither" I lied. I was actually tired but I knew that liz wasn't sleeping very well because she always had dark circles under her eyes and she yawned a lot. She seemed to be getting more and more tired as the days went on so I wanted to make sure she was asleep before I went to sleep. We may not have known each other long but I wanted to make sure she was okay. "Wanna do another question?" I asked
"Yeah is like that"
"Okay but just to warn you, it's your turn to go first again"
She just groaned which made me chuckle.
"Okay the question is, before making a call do you ever rehearse what your going to say? And why?" I looked at liz and she just stared at me as if she was expecting more
"Well honestly yeah I do"
"You do?"
"Yeah I'm a control freak I'm too afraid of saying the wrong thing. If I was calling like a Ari or someone I felt comfortable with then probably not. But if I don't feel comfortable with that person-"
As she was explaining her answer I studied her face. Liz had always intrigued me more than the other girls. With Vic and Ari, I loved them, but it was more of a brother sister kind of love. Liz was different though because I couldn't really think of liz as a sister. I had to think of Liz in a different way because I don't think I could kiss her otherwise. There have been a couple of occasions now where I've sat and just kind of thought about this. There's no denying that liz is beautiful. The other girls are beautiful but liz is definitely the prettiest. She was pretty in a cute and hot way at the same time. But more than that, she was bubbly and funny, but she was never afraid to say what she thought. As I was deep I into my thoughts I saw a hand waving Infront of my face.
"Hello earth to avan" she said quietly trying not to wake the others.
"Uh, What did you say sorry"
"I said I finished my answer. So if your finished staring then it's your turn" she smirked.
I felt the heat rising to my cheeks as she had caught me staring at her. Truth is I didn't even realise I was staring until she stopped me.
"Oh well simple. No"
"You don't?" She questioned as if it was such a strange thing.
"No I don't. I don't think I know anyone who does...you're just strange" I added whilst smiling.
Her face dropped at my comment and I wondered if I had offended her. Then I thought back to our first question and what she had said about what the people in her school thought about her.

I was really into performing and singing but in new Hersey that doesn't really mean anything. People think that it won't get you anywhere and so I was considered 'strange'

"Liz I didn't mean-"
"Don't worry about it"
She smiled but i knew it was fake and I knew I'd upset her. God sake Jogia why don't you just think before you speak!

"Why are there so many, songs about rainbows and what's on the other side"

I began singing as I knew that was what helped her fall asleep last time. She looked at me confused but soon smiled and lay her head on my shoulder. I twirled my fingers and tangled them in her hair.

"Rainbows are visions
They're only illusions
And rainbows have nothing to hide
So we've been told and some chose to
Believe it
But I know they're wrong wait and see
Someday we'll find it
The Rainbow Connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Who said that every wish
Would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star
Somebody thought of that
And someone believed it
And look what it's done so far
What's so amazing
That keeps us star gazing
What so we think we might see
Someday we'll find it
That Rainbow Connection
The lovers the dreamers and me
Have you been fast asleep
And have you heard voices,
I've heard them calling my name,
Is this the sweet sound that calls
The young sailors,
The voice might be one and the same.
I've heard it too many times to ignore it
It's something that i'm supposed to be,
Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection...
The lovers, the dreamers and me"

As I finished the song to look down and see liz asleep on my shoulder. I smiled knowing that I could help her fall asleep so easily. I always had an okay voice. It was no where near the standard of ari and Liz but it was okay. I tucked liz into bed next to Ari before slipping in bed myself.

3rd person POV

This was normal right. This is how friends acted. They comforted each other and made sure each other were okay. They ensured that the other person was always healthy and would do anything in their power to protect the other person. That has to be what friends did, because they were friends, Now and forever.

———————————————

A/N (please read)

So this was a really long one guys. It was over 1000 words. I was worried about writing a 2000 word essay for my Drama class but now I'm realising that 2000 words really isn't that many. Anyways guys I just wanted to say I'm back at school now, so with my work and stuff idk how much I'm gonna be able to write and stuff. I wouldn't usually care that much but now I'm in year 11 (10th grade) and I have my GCSEs less than a year away, and having lost all of the time off because of COVID I have to endure I'm on top of my work. I will try to update as much as possible.

PS- today was such a shit day. I didn't have awful lessons but I was in form for 3 hours this morning and my lunch has reduced from 40 minuets to 20 minuets and I got called into the office for having highlights in my hair when I've had highlights for 2 years now and they are natural so I don't get it but whatever. My school is so strict I stg. When people say "school was the best days of my life" don't believe them. It's not fun and I can't wait to finish next year. Anyways I'm now at 1286 words so imma shut up

I'm gonna love ya and leave ya.  Baiiii

- Mollie