Sacrifices Takes Lives

"I'm serious, if someone lays a finger on your fragile body I will murder them," I seethed through the phone while going through Allison's clothes.

"Oh how lucky I am to have you as my girlfriend," his sarcasm was amusing. Seriously...amusing.

Wait a second. "We didn't exactly get to talk about that part. Am I...are we...what is going on with us?"

He let out a low sigh as if he already predicted this was going to happen. "Well, we get together. We fight. And then we kiss and make-up. What do you call that?"

"A complicated love-hate friendship relationship based on many years of hatred and fear of commitment?" I answered but it was also a question.
"How about you?"

"Complicated and now is not the time to be discussing this," he replied. "What are you doing?"

"Changing," I replied slipping into a pair of jeans.
"In other words, occupying myself to make me feel not as useless as I currently am."

"Hey, you are not useless. Just–"

"Collateral damage? A ticking-time bomb waiting to explode? A nutcase?"

"Actually we're just making sure you stay out of this before you go all..." he paused for a second trying to think.

"Skyler?" I suggested.

"I just don't want you to get hurt," he sighed and I scoffed.

"You look like death, worry about yourself," I spat and made my way over to the basement.

"Thank you for that!" He exclaimed sarcasm laced in his voice.

There was a small silence and I could hear some mumbling on the other end.

"We found Meredith. Stay there and don't get involved."

"I will kill you if you get hurt," I warned and he laughed lowly.

"So lucky."

He hung up and I was about to walk into the weapons room until I saw Argent and Allison talking.

"Where's Isaac?" Argent asked standing next to a very tense Allison.

"He's trying to help Scott," she answered, her eyes staying on the hunting rifle she was fixing.

"Trying to be useful?" He asked and she nodded again. "And Skyler? How's she coping?"

I raised my eyebrows and shifted so I was putting all my weight against the doorframe.

"She's..." Allison looked stumbled over her words and I furrowed my brows. "She knows how to hide everything so well. Some part of me envy's her for it."

Allison was laughing at what she had just said but there was truth behind it.

My truth is I have no idea how I do it. The self-control, containing myself, guess I have to remember how many people I'll bring into my bullshit if they find out.

And I have people I love to keep me sane. That's good enough too.

"Skyler has a level of self-control that takes a great amount of practice. After everything she has gone through and with being an Argent it's not surprising," he looked slightly remorseful.