Non Desirable And FireFlies

Skyler's P.O.V

I sighed placing the house keys on the coffee table and placed my coat down on the chair.

I could not be more tired.

I felt myself starting to relax. This is exactly what I needed. Just a night where I have no worries.

No werewolves out to eat me. No nothing.

Just then my body started heating up again and I felt this uncontrollable temper starting to raise. Oh, you have got to be kidding me!

Why universe? Why?

All I could hear was the sound of a familiar scream and I groaned placing my hands on the sides of my ears trying to block out any sound.

This is not meant to be happening now! None of this is supposed to be happening.

I started to feel my eyes glow and then forced my eyelids shut trying to shut the pain off. And that's when I heard a name ringing in my head and her scream pounding.

Lydia.

༄༄

"Skyler! Sky?!"

I heard Lydia yell and I felt myself wake up. That seriously needs to stop! I looked over at her and looked at where we stood.

"Why the hell am I at the pool?" I asked and Lydia shrugged her shoulders.

"I was going to ask you the same thing." She muttered. "I thought I was going to the store and when I looked up from my phone I was here and so were you. It's like you were in some type of trance. And your eyes glowing that really bad shade of orange."

I rolled my eyes at her comment. Because that doesn't make me sound weirder than I already am.

"Thanks a lot, Lyds. Because I totally have control over what eye colour comes with the supernatural attachment to you." I sarcastically raved. "And that's the only thing I remember was you screaming and then I completely blacked out." I sighed and looked around folding my arms across my chest.

I slowly stopped and took a step closer towards the pool to get a better look at what was floating in it.

Great, another body.

I felt Lydia stand beside me and she gasped placing her hand over her mouth.

Ok, what is it with these guys' dramatic gasps when seeing a dead body? Now I understand we don't see a lot of them but can we keep the noises contained until we see full damage?

"Lydia shut up!" I growled and she stayed tightly beside me.

"How can you tell me to shut up when there's a dead body right infront of us?!" She let out a quiet sob and I rolled my eyes starting to take small steps towards the pool.

"We don't know that yet!" I said and she nodded her head. "Please don't be dead."

Lydia narrowed her eyes at me and I sighed. Well, someone's gotta be realistic.

We both walked down towards the pool and I bent down cringing at the body in the water. I let out a low groan before flipping it over and Lydia let out another gasp.

A dummy! It was a stupid dummy!

I let out a sigh of relief and then felt Lydia slowly get up with her loud sobs again.

"What the hell is wrong now..." I felt my voice slowly fade away as I looked down at my hands which were covered in blood and at the floor.

I stumbled back and traced where the blood was coming from and saw a man on the lifeguard chair dead.