Stupid Thoughts and Fireflies

Skyler's P.O.V

"Why did she want us again?" I asked looking up at Stiles.

"About the body, we had just seen," Stiles answered and I groaned.

"Why am I going to go see the same dead body I just saw?! I'm over dead bodies! And I have better things to do!" I whined and Stiles rolled his eyes.

"So do I!"

"Like what? Having wet dreams about your first love Heather?!" I laughed and Stiles seemed completely out of it.

"Yes."

Not expecting that.

He widened his eyes realising what he just said. "Wait, what?!"

This could not get any weirder.

"You said, it not me." I grinned rushing off and Stiles raced behind me. I got inside just in time for Stiles to not talk about what he just said.

I'm never letting this go. Ever.

I was Melissa at the front desk waiting for us. "Hey. Over here." She waved and began walking with Stiles and me on either side of her. "And if you guys tell anyone that I showed you this I swear to God I will kill you both painfully and slowly."

I'd pretty much tell her to get in line since I tend to make a lot of enemies. Quickly.

"Remind me why I'm going to see a dead body that I've already witnessed?"

"Because you haven't seen everything." She whispered. Once we got into the ward there were two bodies on metal tables.

I assumed dead unless ghosts now decided to enter Beacon Hills. Peter Hale has some competition.

"That's a ligature mark." Melissa pointed at the dead body that was currently exposed.

Stiles looked confused and what Melissa had just said and I sighed stepping forward beside him.

"That means that he was strangled with something, like cord or rope."

He nodded his head and then paused. "Okay, wait a second. What kind of werewolf strangles someone? You know, that's not very..."

"Werewolf-y?" I finished off and Stiles nodded.

"My thoughts exactly." Melissa agreed and then she slowly placed her hands on the corpse's head. "And then there's this."

She lifted it to show blood and a few pieces of brain matter scattered underneath its head.

Might as well lose my lunch.

"God, man, what is that? Is that brain matter?" Stiles cringed trying to not throw up and I laughed at his reaction. What a baby. "Yeah, it's brain matter, of course."

"See the indentation?" Melissa asked and I stepped closer to the body looking further down at it. Definitely gonna lose my lunch. "He was hit in the back of the head, hard enough to kill him. In fact, any one of these things could have killed him."

"Okay, someone seriously wanted this poor kid dead." I declared and Stiles looked over at me and then back at Melissa.

"All right, so then this couldn't have been Boyd or Cora, you know? They wouldn't have done all that."

So Boyd and Derek's long-lost sister aren't killers. I mean Boyd wouldn't hurt a fly but then again all the Hales have something against normal teenagers.

"Great, so maybe this is just one murder. I mean, maybe it's just a random coincidence and we can all go home knowing that there is no supernatural crap we have to deal with."