Derek's Love And Visionary

Skyler's P.O.V

I stood in the doorway of the loft listening to Dereks sob story of how he almost died. Again.

Luckily someone I liked was telling it. But it doesn't mean I wasn't still going to fall asleep.

"They were there for two days, waiting, hiding." Cora said dramatically as she watched the rain Way away the Alphas pack sign. "That's what were taught to do when the hunters find us. Hide and heal."

"Okay, so is two days standard, then, or are we thinking Derek's on, like, some extended getaway?" Stiles asked as he stood there fiddling around.

"Why do you care?"

I decided to be more dramatic and take Stiles's reaction. "Cora that's a stupid question. Even for you."

"You want to know why we care. Let's see...because over the last few weeks, my best friend's tried to kill himself. His boss nearly got ritually sacrificed. A girl that I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed-"

"Boyd was killed by alphas." I added and Stiles nodded pointing his finger at me. "And Isaac also almost tried to murder himself. Also-"

"Do you really want us to keep going? Cause We can, all right? For, like, an hour!" Stiles exclaimed and I lent myself against the doorway folding my arms.

"You think Derek can do anything about that?" Cora asked and we both vigorously nodded our heads.

"Hale lets stop with the stupid questions. That's Lydias job." I said and Cora let out a small laugh and then Stiles decided to go back to being serious.

"And, since he's the one everyone seems to be after, it's more like he should do something about it."

"And I need to apologise for going all...Skyler on him." I pointed out and Stiles gave Cora a firm nod only making his point more clearer.

I hate when he's right.

"I don't know. There's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when we knew him." Cora sighed placing her hands on the table.

"Okay, so what was he like?" I asked and Cora was about to open her mouth until the other Hale entered from the staircase.

"A lot like Scott, actually. A lot like most teenagers... unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers."

Peter walked over to Cora near the table.

"Could we please have the more relevant Hale appear instead of the powerless meant-to-be-dead one?!" I asked rubbing the temples of my head and Peter gave me a small glare.

Guess it does run in the family.

"Wait so what happened? What changed him?" Stiles asked going back to topic.

"Well, the same thing that changes a lot of young men..." Peter can be so dramatic with the whole long pauses. "A girl."

And for some reason that seemed to shock Stiles the most out of everyone. He's just got himself in so much trouble. Now this, is going to be fun.

Stiles scoffed and raised his eyebrows. "You're telling me some girl broke his little heart? That's why Derek is the way he is?!"

"We're breaking up." I coughed a little too loudly and Stiles widened his eyes looking back at me. I don't think I've seen him move that fast.

"W-Wait What?!" Stiles's stuttered and I sighed walking over to him.

"I'm sorry. Am I breaking your heart?" I asked while standing in front of him and he rolled his eyes realising what I was doing.