Chapter 2

I sauntered into the main hall with all the other upper class guests but I had a mission to find Loki before he causes anymore trouble. "Agent Foster, anything?" I hear Fury say through the earpiece I was given before being dropped onto the building. I turn away from the party guests and hold my hand up to my ear, "No sign of Loki, yet" I say then go to mingle with the people who probably earn more than the cost of my apartment. At that moment there was a commotion behind the man who was giving a speech. Loki (dressed for the occasion) used his staff to hit some guards then dragged the doctor to a statue in the center and flipped him onto it. "I have eyes on Loki" I say quickly moving with the crowd as they scream and run out of the building. Loki just grins and continues pressing down the torture device onto the doctor's eye seeming happy at the commotion he made.

I quickly hid behind a column just outside the entrance and watched as Loki's suit turned into his Asgardian armour and horns; his staff became his scepter with a blue stone at its heart. I follow at a decent pace so I can keep an eye on him but still remaining hidden. The police arrive and Loki doesn't hesitate to flip the car over then makes several illusions of himself to trap the crowd that was inside the hall.

"Kneel before me." he orders but the crowd ignore him completely. He gets annoyed and slams his scepter down on the ground. "I said KNEEL!" The crowd quietens and surprisingly kneels before him. Loki grins and spreads his arms. "Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel." he says slowly making his way through the crowd. However, an older gentleman stood up a few feet away from Loki and turned to him with disgust written on his face. "Cap, you better get here quick" I say "We're coming in as quick as possible." I hear Cap reply as I slowly edge forward, blue mist appearing around my hands.

"Not to men like you." The man says, Loki looks slightly shocked but kept a grin on his face.  "There are no men like me."
"There are always men like you." He says back and Loki's face shows signs of getting tired with the man in front of him. "Look to your elder, people. Let him be an example." Loki is about to execute the man with his scepter as the light glows blue but Cap arrives diving in front of the man just in time to block the blast with his shield and the blast ends up knocking down Loki. "You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing." Steve says walking through the crowd towards Loki, I came out completely from the column and saw people standing up as Steve walked past. Loki stands up using his scepter, slightly laughing "The soldier. A man out of time."
"I'm not the one who's out of time." Cap says, with a straight face. I looked up and grinned at the approaching Quinjet. "Loki, drop the weapon and stand down." Natasha's voice says from the Quinjet but Loki just fired at the ship giving Steve time to throw his shield and hit Loki in the chest. At this the crowd begin to run away and I help some of the elderly people get out of the way of Cap and Loki fighting. I see Loki get Steve on his knees with the scepter behind his head; I thrust my hand out and watch as blue mist wraps around Loki, preventing him from moving. Cap then kicks him the face and I lose my grip on Loki causing him to grab Cap and throw him away. I heard some music playing into my earpiece as I saw Ironman fly from beside the Quinjet and he sends a blast making Loki fall to the ground. We all advance on him with Stark showing all of his weapons. "Make your move reindeer games?" Loki holds up his hands as his armour changes into his normal Asgardian wear. He looks at me and smiles slightly "Nice to see you in person Avery." I glare my eyes still a vibrant galaxy blue colour.

"I would say the same, if you weren't taking over the planet" I retort and walk away but Stark catches up to me "You know him?" He asks, I roll my eyes

"I would say the same, if you weren't taking over the planet" I retort and walk away but Stark catches up to me "You know him?" He asks, I roll my eyes. "Yes, apart from my abilities why else do you think Fury brought me on? I've encountered him before, it wasn't pretty." I look him in the eye then walk out the Quinjet and strap myself into one of the seats. It wasn't long before Cap dragged Loki onto the ship and strapped him into the seat across from me but I ignored him.

It had been an hour when thunder and lightning came out of nowhere. I lock eyes with Loki as he got a slightly nervous expression on his face which Steve noticed. "What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?" Loki drags his eyes from mine and looked up at the ceiling. "I'm not overly fond of what follows" I sigh in exasperation realising who it will be. I unbuckle myself just as Thor opens the ship and flies off with Loki. There was a slight argument before Stark flew after Thor and Steve a few moments later. I roll my eyes and stand near Natasha. "You need to land quickly" I say and she sets the jet down, I take off my heels and run just in time to see Stark knock Thor away from Loki. "I'm listening" I smirk and walk up to him. "You know that was actually funny" I say, he turns "Darling, it's nice to see you in the flesh"

"Yeah, you've already said that" I say but then frowned "Shouldn't you be trying to escape?" He grins and looks behind him then sits down "Oh no, this is much more entertaining" I sit next to him and look down on Thor and Ironman fighting on who will get Loki. "Who do you think will win?" He asks with a smile, "Thor but Stark seems to be holding his own"

He breaths a laugh and I notice him looking at my outfit. "You're too young to be wearing a dress like that" I turn my head to look at him in shock "And you're too young to be taking over a planet" I retort. He just grins "You do look beautiful though"

"Thank you?" I try to think of something to say "You've grown your hair, it looks good but my feet are starting to freeze up so if you would just..." I gesture at him to walk to the jet. He gets up and walks in front me and allows me to strap him back into his seat before Cap, Stark and now Thor enter the jet. I sit down again and even though it was nice that he came with no fuss, there was a nagging feeling in the back of my head that knew this wasn't over.