Chapter 5

⚠️TW: mentions of attempted suicide, suicidal thoughts and grief. If you don't feel comfortable, you can skip to after the italics.⚠️

I land on the edge of a field not too far from New Asgard, I didn't visit and made sure to remain out of sight. I didn't want to be the one to tell them we had lost. I take out my phone and stare at Jane's contact, I hadn't talked to her in years ever since we kinda made up but I needed my sister in this moment. I click on her number before lifting the phone to my ear, it ran for a few seconds and I begin to fear she's not going to pick up. "Hello?" someone answered, I frown that's not Jane.
"Who is this?" I question, gripping the phone tighter.
"I found this phone ringing on the ground, with all the chaos going on, I figured it must be someone trying to contact family" the older sounding woman explained and I felt dread build up inside me.
"Is-is there anyone near the phone or someone looking for a lost one?" I ask shakily.
"Dear I think your person is gone, I'm so sorry" she says and I shake my head even though she can't see me.
"No." I whisper before clearing my throat "No, Jane must have dropped it and she'll be back, you'll see"
"Sweetie, it's quietened down a little here and no one is looking for a phone. I'm sorry but Jane is gone" the woman tries to reason but I just hang up on her. I kinda felt bad but I didn't want to listen to her anymore. No Jane can't be gone, she stuck with me through all of our kid years; she was the one who stopped the bullies at school and helped me through my dreams once I turned sixteen. Even when we fell out and we both said some hurtful words, I never stopped loving her not really. I let out a growl and because of my stupid grudge I never got to say that I love her before Thanos and his stupid snapping fingers. I throw my phone over the side of the cliff and realise that I now had no way to contact the Avengers to see if Tony has arrived safely at the compound. I drop to my knees when I summoned one of my daggers, I've lost everyone and everything what's the point of me even staying on this Earth. I should have been snapped at least then I could have seen Loki. I turn the dagger towards my heart before plunging into my chest. I look down when I don't feel anything, I pull my hands away and some blue and red butterflies came out. My powers had protected me from a lethal blow. I couldn't even kill myself properly. I close my eyes and punch the ground leaving a sizeable crack. All my lent up emotions from the last couple of days caught up with me. I let out a piercing scream, my powers (which had been steadily building in intensity) burst out of my chest. They swirled around me, a beautiful sight as the red and blue mixes together but still remaining separate. I fall forward but the shield still remained as I drifted into my dreamscape after a long time away.
_________________________
I open my eyes and find myself stood on the edge of the cliff. I stumble backwards as a chunk of rock collapsed into the ocean. I only now noticed how the waves attacked the shore and every so often a part of the cliff would succumb to the sea. I turn and look around, the dreamscape was no longer the peaceful oasis it once was. Instead the wind battered against my face and whipped my hair around. The clouds, an army that is charging towards the cliffside, wave after wave rolling over me destroying my safe place. "Avery"

I spin around and almost burst into tears at the sight of Loki standing on the very edge of the cliff. "Loki" I whisper as I move toward him. "I'm sorry" he says.
"What for? I don't blame you for Thanos attacking us, not anymore." I say, wanting to feel his cool hands one more time.
"For breaking my promise" he told me "I truly wanted to spend the rest of my life with you and for that I am so sorry"
"I love you, Loki" I say with tears running freely down my face.
"I love you too, my darling pet, more than you can possibly know." he smiles before his face went blank "But now I must go"
"What?" I question but he just looks at me with sad eyes. Lightning cracks above and I see the ground beneath his feet begin to crumble. "LOKI!!!" I shout but he remained where he was "Loki, please, move away from the edge" I plead with him but he doesn't move. I run forward but smack into a wall, I press against it but it wasn't going to move. Loki locks eyes with me as he says "I can't" before the ground disappears from underneath him and he crashes into the ocean. I let out another scream and slide down the invisible wall, the gaping hole in my chest opening even wider, the pain becoming too much. The world around me collapses and turns to dust as I was thrown back into reality.
_________________________
I sit on the cliffside with a blank look on my face, I thought of all I had lost: my mother, my father, my friends, Wanda, Peter, Jane, half the freaking universe and finally Loki. The love of my life, cruelly snatched away from me just as we planned to start our new life together away from all the superhero bullshit. It seems that whatever divine power that rules the Universe really doesn't want me to be happy. I stare out at the ocean seeing how calm it is, the world goes on turning even though mine had literally come crashing down around me. I stand up and walk toward my house that I had finished creating, it was a cozy cottage and next to it was a stable that held two horses. I let out a weak giggle as my cats rubbed their faces against my leg, the butterflies fluttering around my flowerbed, I needed a nice cup of tea.