Chapter 4

I ran through the city and into the main hall where there was a crashed dark elf ship. I throw two elves down that were trying to get to me and hid behind the ship. I saw a pale elf with no mask on exit and I go to attack him but was stopped by his elves, I take them and throw them across the room then grab one of the dead soldier's weapons and stab them. I finally finish them off but Malekith had already disappeared.

I drop the weapon when I hear Thor's pained cry come from above, I run up flights of stairs and see Odin hunched over someone. It was Frigga, Malekith and his goon had killed her. I lean against the pillars and sigh, I could have prevented this if I wasn't so busy with my own reflection. I turn away from the scene and walk away to my room, if only I had been there.
_________________________
It was a beautiful ceremony for a beautiful queen. I stood on the edge of the coast watching as Frigga's boat floated off the end of the water fall, her soul ascending to join those in Valhalla. I look around and couldn't help but notice that Loki wasn't with us, does he even know his mother is dead? I walk over to where Thor and Jane stood "Thor? Where is Loki?" I ask Thor, purposefully ignoring Jane. "He is still in his cell, it would be too dangerous for him to come, he's still our prisoner"
I scoff "He may be a prisoner but Loki is Frigga's son. He deserves to be here." I pause for a second "Does he even know?" Thor doesn't look at me, giving me the answer. I shake my head in disappointment "I don't care if he was chained up to the max, he should have been here" I walk away from them and towards the dungeon to tell Loki.

I take a deep breath and walk up to his cell, a guard was there but I told him that I would tell Loki about his mother. "Loki?" I say, he shoots up from his sitting position and throws his book to one side. "What is going on? Ever since the prison break everything has gone quiet."
"Loki there is something I have to tell you" I say focusing on my voice not breaking but my eyes begin to burn. He gives me his full attention hearing the slight waver in my voice "Your mother was...was murdered by Algrim, one of Malekith's goons."
I see Loki's face go blank but his eyes were filled with pain, he nods then turns away from me so I couldn't see his face. "Loki..." I go to step closer but his voice stops me "Please, I wish to have some time alone"
"Of course" I say, then walk out of the dungeon wiping my tears, I'll be back tomorrow as Loki obviously needs time to grieve without me hanging around.
_________________________

The next day I put on my outfit on and made way down to the dungeons to visit Loki

The next day I put on my outfit on and made way down to the dungeons to visit Loki. When I got there and was surprised to see Loki looking normal. "Pet glad you could come see me" he says mockingly. I sigh "Loki, I know you're hurting, no more illusions." He looks down and the perfect image disappears revealing a scruffy looking Loki sitting against the wall, his hair unkept and his room was trashed. I lower the forcefield and step inside the cell before closing it back up again. "Why can I never do anything right? WHY?" he screams then collapses back against the wall, I walk up to him and sit down beside him. "What did you do, Loki?" I ask, turning my head to look at him but he wouldn't meet my eyes. "We had an argument and I said she wasn't my mother, I wanted to apologise when I next saw her. It wasn't true, she was my mother I was just too stubborn to realise. Then to spite Thor and Odin, I told Algrim where to exit the dungeons. It's my fault she's dead." He explains then buries his head into knees and his body begins to shake. I gingerly wrap an arm around him and he leans into me. I comb through his hair as I ponder my next words "It wasn't your fault that your mother died, it's Algrim's. Yes you messed up but Algrim would have found her anyways and the outcome the same. I'm sure she knew that you loved her and she believed that somewhere under those layers of hate and vengeance lies the son she raised." I stop combing his hair and he sits up but continues to gaze at the opposite wall. "I'm still living up to my monster heritage" he gives a bitter, humorless laugh and finally looks me in the eye. "Loki, you are not a monster, you're a man who has lost his way" I state sincerely. He grabs my face and smashes his lips onto mine, my eyes widen but I close them and enjoy the kiss before pulling back slowly. "Umm..." He slightly panics "Did I read you wrong, I apologise I thought you liked me"
"No, no I do like you, I just think that you're upset and just trying to have an escape. Maybe further down the line this can continue but not right now" I say and stand up, he looks up at me almost pleadingly "I'm sorry", I walk out of the cell and out of the dungeon.
I make my way up to my room but before I can get there Thor appears in my way and stops me. He looks at me desperately, I sigh "Let me guess, you need my help"