The Nexus Event

⚠️TW: Possible sensitive content⚠️

I sat in a familiar room, cuffed, and had a time-warping collar around my neck once again. I stare at the wall, I hope Loki managed to get out along with Sylvie. Maybe they'll bond, become besties, or even more, that is plausible and it would give my brain a reason why we shouldn't be KISSING this Loki. I'm dragged out of my inner thoughts by Hunter B-15 walking into the room, she shuts the door and sits in front of me.

"Have you come to interrogate me?" I say a little above a whisper.
"No, I just need to tell someone who's not brainwashed" her reply gets my attention and I sit up a bit more.
"You're not supposed to be here, are you?" I quickly deduce.
"Nope but since the others have gone you're the only one that I can speak to" I perk up when she says they escaped.
"Tell me"
"When we were at the store, the female Loki took over my body. She showed me a vision so she could take over my mind. But this vision wasn't like a normal vision, it seemed too real like a memory that I had forgotten. Avery, I lived on earth before coming here, I had a life, and I was happy. What happened to me?" B-15 explains and looks panicked toward the end.
"Sylvie must have enchanted you and in doing so plucked a memory from deep within your subconscious. If that is true then to end up here you're..."
"A variant" she breathes, cutting me off. "I'm sorry I treated you like you were less"

I take in a deep breath "It'll be okay, you were just doing what you thought was acceptable. However, when they get back and they will promise me you'll help them escape. I don't know what's going to happen to me and I don't know if I'll be in a stable state of mind afterward, that's if I'm not killed beforehand."
"What makes you so sure they'll be back?" She questions.
"The only reason they haven't been found yet is because they're in an apocalypse" I explain "And no one survives an apocalyptic event so they have to either travel to another point in time where a branch will form or back to the TVA if they want to survive. Do I have your word?"
"You do" B-15 nods her head and stands up "Good luck, Avery, I have a feeling you'll need it." I nod and she leaves me once again to my thoughts. I trace patterns across my hands, how did I get here? It seems like centuries ago, I was having dreams of Loki and his brother now I've gone against the government, found my biological family and my true family, fought a giant purple alien from space and even had a child. Let's not forget becoming one of the most powerful creatures in the universe along with Wanda who is supposed to boost my power even more. I get startled as the door is thrown open by hunters and the judge lady steps inside along with Mobius.

"AV-3, we have reason to believe you helped in the variant's escape. Where are they are?" she demands crossing her arms, refusing to sit down.
"That's not my name" I state refusing to look at her.
"Excuse me?" she uncrosses her arms and leans against the table.
"I said, that's not my name" I look into her eyes with an emotionless expression.
She scoffs "Your ability to make demands has long past, AV-3. Now you will tell us where the variants are"
"I don't know" I say not breaking eye contact "I didn't follow them through the portal but I believe they came back here which would mean that you were the last person to see them. Am I getting close?"

She grips the table tighter before straightening up and brushing invisible dirt off her coat "If you won't talk then you'll just have to be punished. Mobius, put her in the memory prison, make sure it's her worst memory"
Mobius looks at her in shock "Ravonna"
"Now Mobius" she orders not looking away from me. Mobius reluctantly taps on his TemPad and a red door appears in the room. The hunters unlock my cuffs but don't remove the collar before dragging me to the door. I try to turn but they wouldn't let me so I settled for shouting out "She's a liar, Mobius, this whole place is a lie. A fabrication to hide the truth, it's only a matter of time before you see" With that the hunters throw me through the door and it closes behind me.
_________________________
I appear at the top of a cliff, I look around and stand up from my sitting position on the log. "Tell Wanda I love her" a voice says from my right, I turn and stare at Pietro now realising exactly where I am. He uses his speed to run off the cliff before I realise what is going. I let a shriek as a thud is heard from down below, I run to the edge and see his white hair stained with blood. I run both my hands through my hair and turn away from the edge No, no, no, no, no this can't be happening again. I clench my fist and try to activate my powers but seems they're still blocked. "Tell Wanda I love her" he says again with a smirk and runs toward me this time I manage to grab him and push him back. "No I won't let you do this, not again"
"Let me go, Ava" he goes to run and grab him pushing him onto the ground and pinning him in place "I can't, I can't watch you die over and over again" tears trickle onto his face but he looks on emotionlessly. "This is memory, Avery, it can't be changed"

He then throws me into the cliff wall and proceeds to jump. I roll onto my back thinking about what he said. I notice a subtle change as the memory resets itself. "Tell Wanda I love her" then a blue light and a thud as he goes over the edge.

I curl into a ball and cover my ears as the memory resets, "I don't want to go through this anymore. PLEASE" I shout whilst removing my hands from my ears but nothing changed and Pietro ran over the edge. I shakily stand clutching the wall for support as Pietro reappears, I go up to him and grab his arms, tears now flowing down my face. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry that I couldn't stop you, that I couldn't find a way to save you. I want to tell you that we did it, everyone was saved your sacrifice wasn't for nothing. And even though the guilt will never go away, I'm happy that I managed to see you, the real you, again."
"Tell Wanda I love her" he says with a small smile.
I let out a sigh and a smile "I will"
"Thank you"
I let go of his arms and he rushes past me in a blur, my tears had mostly stopped. I collapse onto the ground, my legs barely able to hold me up anymore. "Avery?" I spin on my knees to see Loki and Mobius standing at a red door. I scramble to my feet and throw my arms around Loki, he stands still for a second before wrapping his arms around me. "As much as I love this, are we going to take down the TVA or not?" Mobius asks and we walk through the red door away from my worst memory.