Chapter 4

I quickly back up from Loki as the alarms were still going. "What did you do?" I ask still in a state of shock. "Didn't you hear, darling, the beast has been unleashed. You should get going." Loki said still smiling manically. I run out of the hanger and was immediately faced with SHIELD agents but I quickly realized that they wanted to free Loki not keep him here. As if on instinct I form an energy shield as they started to shoot at me. I walk forward and grab an agent I punch him in the stomach and kick his head, stealing his gun I keep my shield up and shot at the remaining agents.

There was one left, I knocked his gun out of his hands and then kicked him in the nuts but he managed to get ahold of my legs and I lost my grip on my gun. I went down onto the floor and he managed to pin me down, punching me repeatedly in the face I manage to get up slightly and as he went in for another I shot my hand out and he was sent flying backwards by my dark blue mist. I sit there for a moment breathing heavily but got up and leaned against the railings. I raise my hand and press it against my communicator to listen in to what's happening. "Sir, we've lost all power in Engine 1." a voice says as I feel the ship begin to tilt and fall freely.
"It's Barton. He took out our systems. He's headed for the detention level. Does anybody copy?" Fury asks. I go to answer but Nat beets me to it. "This is Agent Romanoff. I copy." Once I've fully recovered I jump over the railing and make my way to the detention level, maybe I could help Nat get Clint back to normal.

When I arrive I realise that Nat had found Clint and they were going at each other.
Nat kickboxes Clint's face. Clint takes a swing at her, but she grabs his arm, twisting it and Clint writhes in pain. I sneak closer trying to figure out when to come in.  Using his other arm, Clint tosses the knife over and begins to slash at Nat. She dodges every move, but finds herself in a lock hold with him. She gets out of it by biting his wrist and pushing him away. Clint lets go of the knife and I jump onto him. I wrap my legs around his neck, I flip him over and lock him in place with my powers. Nat comes in a slams his head into the ground; Clint goes down hard but seems to remember where he is. However, Nat isn't taking any chances and knocks him out completely. I untangle my legs and stand up, "Where did you learn to fight like that?" She asks still looking at Clint with sad eyes. "I didn't, I just acted on instinct" I say slightly out of breath. She looks up at me in disbelief "That wasn't instinct" she states then follows the medical crew that had come to take Barton away. I sigh realising that the serum Hydra gave her must have enhanced my combat skills and it is all coming to light now. "Agent Coulson is down" Fury announces over the coms. I hang my head for a second then made my way to the bridge to see who was left.
_________________________
Me, Tony and Steve were gathered in the briefing room as I held an ice pack to my face, a sombre silence filled the air as we processed what had just happened. Fury throws some cards on the table "These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. Guess he never did get you to sign them." Steve picks them up and sees they're stained with blood. "We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, location of the cube, Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming." Fury says to us. "Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number though, because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Stark knows this, called THE AVENGERS INITIATIVE. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, in heroes." He finishes and I hang my head knowing that we couldn't fully become a team, there were too many egos and different personalities for it to work. Tony gets up and walks away, not wanting to hear anymore and after a beat so does Steve.

"You know Phil would be proud that you're fighting for the right side" Fury states after moment of silence. I look up in confusion "What do you mean?"
"Don't you know? It was Phil Coulson who rescued you from that Hydra camp." My eyes widened in shock at the revelation. "We wanted to monitor you, to make sure that you weren't a threat but Coulson took you and gave you to a family then deleted you so that you could have a normal childhood until your powers kicked in again two years ago. I guess he always believed in you and if you believe in his old fashioned notion then there is a gift for you in your room" Fury left along with Maria. I sat there in silence and realised that I had to stop Loki, I won't allow him destroy my planet and I needed to prove to Coulson that he was right that I am a good person.

I run to my room and open the closet and found my outfit. I put it one and looked in the mirror, it was skintight but was very movable in and I loved the train it had. I grab two knives and placed them into the knife holders. It was time to be a hero.