Chapter 3

Loki had been brought in about 30 minutes ago and since then everyone had convened in the briefing room and were watching Fury threaten Loki but it doesn't seem to be going well. "He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce says after a period of silence.
"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asks looking at Thor who seems upset at how his brother could have descended so far into madness. "He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."
"An army? From outer space?" Steve looked shocked at that and so was I but who knows where Loki went after he fell off the Bifrost bridge.
"So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Bruce concludes but my gaze remains on the table
"Selvig?" Thor asks, recognising the name and looked over at me, wondering why I was here.
"He's an astrophysicist."
"He's a friend."
"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours." Nat says, her voice wavering very slightly at the mention of Clint working for the enemy even if it wasn't by choice.
"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." I say finally looking up from the table. Nat frowns "Can't you just read his mind, find out what he's planning."
"No" I state, shaking my head "You forget, Loki is a master sorcerer, he has been working with his powers a lot longer than me. He can easily make a barrier that would prevent me from getting into his head and it would be extremely painful for me to try"
"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him." Bruce directs the conversation away from me but Thor gets defensive. "Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother."
"He killed eighty people in two days." Nat deadpans. I see Thor looking uncomfortable "He's adopted."
I feel myself start to get dizzy, the sign of me about to go into a vision, I put my elbows on the table and lean my head into my arms as I succumb to the vision.

I stand on the edge of a meteor looking out over an army of alien creatures. I looked like the inside of a void, maybe this is where Loki found himself for two years and these aliens must be the Chitauri army Thor spoke of. "Sire, someone has dropped through a void, he's still alive." I turn around and see a hunched figure facing a throne but I couldn't see who it was nor did they turn around. "Bring him to me, he may be of use to us"

It was a few moments later when I saw Loki being hauled up to this throne and it turned. On it sat a giant purple man, well he wasn't really a man, I mean he was huge and had a chin that looked like a ball sack but apart from that he looked fairly humanoid. "Who are you?" he demanded, not moving from the throne. Loki looks up "I am Loki, of Asgard and you?"
"That is not your concern" The purple dude says slightly annoyed but Loki manages to stand up properly and flash his signature grin "Of course it isn't, I already know who you are. Thanos, the Mad Titan." At this Thanos leans forward "I'm not mad, I simply want to restore balance to the universe"
"And how's that going for you?" Loki asks with a smirk but Thanos just leans back, thinking of what to do "You have ambition, the drive to rule will serve you well if you wish to take over Earth or as you call it Midgard." Loki looks up at the Titan in confusion, "You want me to lead an invasion on Midgard bearing in mind the Allfather protects all of the nine realms."
"In a way, yes. You will have the Chitauri army behind you why shouldn't you succeed?" Loki laughs before going serious. "No, I wish to rule Asgard not some backwater planet that can barely protect itself." Thanos just smiles "We shall see, take him away." Loki is taken away and the Other steps up to face Thanos. "Persuade the Asgardian to take over Earth by any means necessary" he orders eyeing the scepter. The Other takes the scepter "He will see our point of view, I'm sure of it" he then bows and I'm thrown sideways into another vision.
_________________________
I'm standing in the same throne room but Thanos was hidden once again. The Other steps up to him and the Chitauri snarling behind him. "The tesseract has awakened. It is on a little world. A human world. They would wield its power..." He holds out the scepter and from the shadows comes Loki. He takes the scepter and looks at The Other but I notice something different. I walk closer and notice that his usual emerald green eyes were blue but he seemed to be in control. The scepter must be influencing his actions and fueling his hatred for his brother thus his hatred for Earth. I also notice he was tired and seemed like he was in pain. I had no idea what happened to get him on their side but I'm guessing it wasn't pretty. "But our ally knows its workings as they never will. He is ready to lead. And our force, our Chitauri, will follow." The Other continues his speech and thousands of Chitauri await the command to attack. "The world will be his. The universe yours. And the humans, what can they do but burn?" The Other questions and I am dragged out of my vision.

What the hell happened to Loki?
_________________________
"When I first came to Earth, Loki's rage followed me here and your people paid the price. And now again. In my youth I courted war." I hear Thor say as he walked past me. I shake my head and catch up to him. "Thor? How long was I out?" I ask, confused that no one was at the table when I came out of my vision. "Oh, I told them not to worry as this was normal and they left you as you can't be snapped out of your visions" I smile in thanks but remember about Loki. "Excuse me but I have a few questions for the prisoner" I say then quickly walk to the glass cage where Loki is being held.
_________________________
As I walk into the hanger I see Nat walk out and I hear in my ear "Loki means to unleash the Hulk. Keep Banner in the lab, I'm on my way. Send Thor as well." I look at Loki as he stood frozen and walk up to the glass. "Did you accidentally give away your evil plan?" I ask with a smile. "Maybe. I was wondering when you would come and visit me, darling" He says sitting down on the bench inside the cage. I shake my head "Don't call me that. I came to ask you some questions about the time after you fell off the Bifrost bridge" I say, grabbing the chair Nat abandoned and sitting just in front of the glass. "When I fell, I found myself in void of nothingness until I was found and shown real power" he grins as though remembering a fond memory. "Thanos" I whisper, hearing me, Loki stood up quickly. "How do you know that name?" I just remain emotionless and get up to move closer to the glass. "What did he do to you? You were a respected person, a prince and you threw it away for what?"
"To survive and I was never a respected person." He begins to walk around the cage. "Thor took it all for himself, I was never given the chance to prove my worth but now I do. I will succeed, I have to succeed otherwise I might as well die" My eyes widen at his words "You won't succeed, Fury brought us together for a reason to become a team."
He lets out a laugh "Oh, you're so naïve. Your 'team' is upstairs arguing about who is the best, so many egos in one room, it's only a matter of time before someone snaps." I narrow my eyes and get even closer to the glass "What are you planning? It can't just be about Banner" He keeps his gaze on the floor. "Your team will never get the chance to assemble"
"And why is that?"
"You lack conviction, you only care about what you want and don't have the same motives for fighting for Stark it's his ego for Thor it's because he wants me locked up in Asgard for you it's because you see something in me that's gone, it ain't ever coming back" He explains "What happened to the Loki that showed me my memories and helped me see who I am?" I try to reason and get him to look up at me. "He died when I fell of that bridge." Loki states.

I was about to speak more when the ship tilted to the side and I was thrown into the railings by Loki's cell. "What was that?" Loki just sits back down again, finally looking me in the eyes but saying nothing. There were a few minutes of silence apart from the warning alarms until a roar echoed throughout the Helicarrier. I look at Loki in horror. "Oh dear, it looks like you're out of time" A manic grin forming on his face.