ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ~Ⓣ︎Ⓗ︎Ⓔ︎ Ⓔ︎Ⓢ︎Ⓒ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓟ︎Ⓔ︎

⚠️Warning⚠️ swearing! Pain! Gore!

/𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕕 𝕡𝕠𝕧/

The bell rang twice signaling fifth period and the hum of voices and thud of footsteps began to fade outside as Karl sniffled.
No way he was going to go back to class and feel the burning stares of eyes on his back.
Get out of here, Karl's brain throbs.
I'm not thinking straight, just go back to class, it's fine, Karl tried to persuade himself, ignoring the wishes of his battered body, but it's not.

..........

The weight of Karl's tired and bruised eyes made it hard for him to see as he wandered the now empty corridor's, the only sound was from Karl's lime green converses shuffling heavily. The highschool gates weren't that much further from here, actually, karl could almost make them out up overhead.

As he took another step out of Block A, he glanced frantically to check if anyone would see him make his escape. He stopped breathing when he heard the low voice of Luke around the side of the building.
Of course Karl, did you really think they would just let you go? Karl made a sharp turn back into the building hoping the group didn't notice him.

They are waiting for you Karl, he told himself as he banged his head on the back of the hallway wall. Karl knew down in his gut he would eventually have to risk being seen by Luke. But then another voice came to his mind.
No amigo, there's a back door, remember when we wanted to skip class and we couldn't get through the front door? And how you jumped into a trash can to hide from a passing teacher? There's a door there, you can get there than escape,
Once again, Karl could hear Quackity's voice in his mind. Thank you, Q. Karl was on the verge of tears, tears of happiness.

Creeping back through the halls, Karl managed to find the back door of Block A. Although it did lead to a trash disposal, Karl remembered all he had to do was scale a wall and he would be free. Yeah, the wall you almost cried because you failed to climb and I had to help you with, Karl wanted the ghost like voice of Quackity to go away now, he didn't have to bring up that embarrassing moment. But Quackity's voice in the back of his mind had a point, what if Karl couldn't climb the wall still? Well, at least I can try, he exited through the back door with that last thought.

..........

The wall towered over Karl, it made him feel tiny. It's faded white paint began to flake and when Karl touch the surface, it came of in masses. Karl tried to remember how he did this in the first place. Four large trash disposal bins lined the East and West wall but not close enough to the wall on the north to help him over.

Karl tried everything. Literally everything. He tried to move the trash disposal bins to the wall to find them stuck in place with a couple of screws. Karl tried to use the indents in the brick wall to use as hand holds. It ended up in failure. Even if he found away over, Karl knew he didn't have the strength and his ribs screamed every time he moved. Everything he tried, he failed. In the end, Karl sat cross legged in his black skinny jeans staring at the obstical in his way, his white stained hands flopped over his knees. His usually  brown fluffy hair now matted covered in flakes of  old paint. Karl knew there was only one way out of he building now, and that was through the front door.

Staggering up, Karl limped all the way back the way he came from to the large double doors but hesitated in front of them.
What if there still there? Karl thought as he began to shake.
Run, Quackity's distinct Mexican accent filled Karl's mind. Or was that his own conscious telling him?