ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ~Ⓣ︎Ⓗ︎Ⓔ︎ Ⓕ︎Ⓛ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓢ︎Ⓗ︎-Ⓑ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓒ︎Ⓚ︎

⚠️Warning⚠️
The chapter contains; graphic gore, death, which might upset viewers!
(𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓)
(𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒌𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒔 𝒕𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒅𝒂𝒅)

𝕜𝕒𝕣𝕝'𝕤 𝕡𝕠𝕧 (𝕡𝕒𝕤𝕥)

Warm air blasted onto Karl's face as the radio rambled on in the background. The tension in the car rising in the the heavy silence. Karl continued to stare out of the passenger seat's window, light snow had covered everything on this wintery Carolina night. The golden glow of street lamps and shops in the distance flickered softly, the radio rambled on in the background.

Karl felt cold and tugged his jacket closer to his shivering body. His throat dry as a lump formed in it that was impossible to swallow, tears pricked his eyes as he sniffled slightly. The car indicator clicked as Karl's dad took a right turn.

"Karl."

"I got you a present for you, it's on the backseat if you reach out and grab it," dad said not leaving his eyes from the road.
Karl saying nothing in return, turned around in the passenger seat to find a wrapped rectangular shape. Karl grabbed the present hauling it onto his lap.

"Karl-"

Karl's dad tried to speak but Karl didn't want to listen. He didn't want to hear his apology, he didn't want to hear dad and mum argue every night, hear the screams of mum and glass being smashed. Karl just wanted everything to turn back time, to when mum and dad were happy, when he was happy.

"Why," Karl's voice broke as his tears began to fall freely from his face. He saw his dad glance at him with a sympathetic and sad smile. Karl's hands tightened onto the crumpled wrapping paper.

"It's ok buddy, it's going to be a little different now. But, you still will have me, Sean and your mother," Karl heared the pain in his dad's voice when he talked about mum. Karl was confused, if he missed her why didn't they want to be together. Karl took a couple of long shaky breathes.

"You'll have another room and-"

"Why-" Karl asks again. Now he was properly crying, tears spilling over his cheeks. Karl gazed with wanting eyes at his father. Dad's jaw was tense, his eyes watery as if he was on the edge of tears.

"Well, sometimes, when to people who love each other alot some times....stop loving each other because they love someone else. But that doesn't mean we don't love you," dad's voice cracked. Karl took a hand tugged on his dad's coat.

"What do you mean," his tiny fingers were so red from gripping his dad's coat.

"Well, your mum, for some time has been seeing someone else, who is a good friend," Karl felt his sobs consume him, "and sometimes you have not enough love for everyone."