ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ~ Ⓐ︎Ⓟ︎Ⓞ︎Ⓛ︎Ⓞ︎Ⓖ︎Ⓘ︎Ⓩ︎Ⓔ︎Ⓢ︎

(Time skip to Monday 😩)

/𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕕 𝕡𝕠𝕧/

Karl was shaken awake my a soft hand. The boy gently yawned to find his mother standing over him gasping. Karl realised she to, was also staring at the marks and bruises. Brushing her concern aside, the boy made a quick exit to the bathroom sliding the door behind him to avoid the remarks of his worried mother.

Splashing cold water onto Karl's face, he went about his daily morning routine of cleaning himself up in the bathroom, packing his bag and packing more monster. Today though, Karl had to pack for an extra week. School camp was today, and Karl was totally unprepared. Trying to cram everything in a small suit case the boy gave up and ended up opting for a larger one. Karl ended up wearing a soft yellow jumper and grey jeans with his favourite vans. At one o'clock, Karl would be on the coach leaving the school. Jitters ran up the boys spine. Quickly grabbing a charger lead and his phone he rushed back down stairs giving his still concern mother a awkward embrace.

/𝕜𝕒𝕣𝕝'𝕤 𝕡𝕠𝕧/

"Call me if you need anything, l-l-like to be picked up. Anything you want hun," my mum said letting me get out of the hug.

"Sure thing, I have Big Q though," I white lied. Although I hoped Q was right about going regardless him going. Of course i couldn't tell mum though, she was only letting me because Quackity was going.

"I better get going now," I murmur checking the time on my phone. Mum smiled sadly pulling me back into another one of her tight hugs and she sniffled.

"Of course, I'll be here when you come back," she said as I waved to her and walked out the door.

(More time skip >:D don't you love them)

..........

I entered the school gates trailing my suitcase behind me relieved to find I wasn't the only one holding luggage. Finally I felt sort of normal. I remember I had to see Quackity so I rolled my suitcase around the courtyard at the front of the school. There he was. He was sitting alone for once on a silver bench with a couple strands of black hair poking out of his LAFD beanie. He seemed to be texting someone. But kept glancing up from his phone.

When he saw me approach he stood up looking more guilty than I felt.

"Karl, look I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean what i said you know right. I don't think your clingy, well i do, but not in a mean way. I just-" Alex rambled on. He winced looking uncomfortable, rubbing one hand behind his neck, one shoved deep in the pocket of his jeans.

I smiled sadly. No, the answer was I could barely spend a minute being angry at Alex. I dropped my luggage, laughed and flung myself at him pulling him into a hug. Quackity stood there silently as I breathed in his unique odor, some kind of smell you would get if you mixed peppermint and old socks together. I squeezed him then let go because I noticed him becoming flustered.

"Sorry, i didn't mean to snap at you either," I giggle forgetting the anger from yesterday and pain from the day before.

"Right, that's what I meant" He stared at the ground but quickly re-focused his gaze back to me. I shut my eyes and smiled,

"I suck at apologies," Quackity mumbled.

"I know," I laughed.

"You now your my bestfriend right?" He gave a crooked smile as i could see his eyes go a little watery.

"I know," I repeat, beaming a real smile. I give him another quick hug, "now your crying nimrod."

"Am not," not he protested shrugging me off to wipe his eyes.

"Are to," I giggle and he gave me a fake angry look.

"I'll be fine" I lied as Quackity rose an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes and he shot me a 'told you so' look. I knew I could never lie straight to his face.

"Um, I knew you'd be alone so I scrolled through some old contacts and found out an old friend was going who were going and asked if they could keep an eye on you," Now it was my turn to raise an eyebrow. I wondered if Quackity could possibly emphasise the word 'old friends' anymore but collected my suitcase again and followed him without question.

..........

Alex stood near the entrance of the building and sighed tapping his finger on his phone. He huffed at the chilly air, it was becoming winter gradually. My favourite season, so I could wear all my comfy sweaters and jumpers. We exchanged glances and then went back to looking in seperate ways. I wondered who Alex contacted?

"Sorry Karl, he promise he would show up," Alex said giving an apologetic smile.

"And I did," a voice with a thick accent made me and Quackity jump.

707 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠

𝒐𝒐𝒐𝒐𝒐𝒐𝒉, 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒇 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 :)
😎