Chapter 21 - A 'no rules' Match

Tyson felt quite accomplished as he locked the front door of the dojo at eight thirty in the morning . For the first time, he had woken up on time, that too without being screamed in the ear by grandpa (or Ray, for that matter,  when on championship tours.) He had gotten ready, prepared scrambled eggs for himself, watered the garden, locked all the doors and had closed all the windows before leaving.

Allowing himself a treat for all the *hard work* he had done, he decided to board a Subway ride to the hospital. As he was staring into the window listlessly, his attention was drawn by and old man, muttering to himself. 

"No ones safe these days... All because of corrupt governments... Never in my time.. Never..."

The inconsistent muttering reminded him of his own grandfather, and knowing that the only way to stop it was to make them talk of the matter, he asked, 

"What's wrong grandpa?" Tyson asked. 

The old man was quite surprised at being addressed so familiarly, for people barely paid attention to the musings of an old man, especially the youngsters. But nonetheless, he answered in a tone of disbelief. 

"A murder!! A murder right in the police station!!!"

Tyson, whose demeanor was quite relaxed until then, suddenly tensed, and asked, "Could I have the newspaper for a second?"

"Sure, why not?"

And there the article was, right on the front page.

******

IS NO-ONE SAFE ANYMORE? IS THE TOKYO POLICE RELIABLE ANYMORE?

 This article is with respect to the happenings in the Tokyo Police Station, South on the early hours of this day. A murder of an unidentified prisoner is reported to have taken place within the walls of the temporary prison. Most of the officers in charge of night duty were on field due to the fire in the City mall. The constables and the Officer in charge were knocked out before the brutal assassination took place. 

"Only the Officer in charge, Officer Williams, was seriously injured. The rest were just knocked out cold." said the Head Police Officer, Officer Jackson. 

"It appears that the attacker injured only those who resisted." say some of the Officers, who wish to be anonymous. 

Officer Jackson continues, "The Murder case will be directly handed to the NCFF (National Crime Fighting Force). The best of the best Police Officers Japan can offer, will work on this case and erase the stain that has been placed now on the Police Department. All the police in this station are willing to cooperate with them where ever possible. There is no need panic. Japan has one of the world's most efficient crime fighting system in the world and such incidents cannot change that." 

When asked the details of case under which the prisoner was detained, Officer Jackson, who is known for his transparency in communicating with the public, refrained from answering this concern of a reporter siting 'The policy of Secrecy'. 

There are only two possibilities for siting 'The Policy of Secrecy, says Mr. Connor,  a retired police officer "Either the case involves a risk of national security or the case has already been handed to an authority beyond Police Control."

What could possibly be the aim for this attack? Was it a terrorist attack? Or is it something more sinister?  On what charges was the prisoner present at the police station? Which case was he related to? How did the attack take place in the first place? How were the safety measures compromised? How safe is Tokyo with such a system of security? How reliable is the Police Department?