CH 4 - Hypocrite for a Friend

When Kai observed Hillary walk away, he decided to follow her. This might just as well as go for a waste. Maybe a part of him being his paranoid self, but he did not want to ignore this hunch of his. Anyway, he had to pay Hillary back for being as nosey as she has been in their business. 

******

"What do you think? Do they really have feelings for each other?" Max asked Ray, curious to know his thoughts on the matter at hand.

He furrowed his eyebrows in thought and finally said "Maybe.... But you can never be too sure of Tyson. Maybe he was too excited to have won an argument against Kai to even remember Hillary is of the opposite gender... And showed affection like that. I mean, he does that to us all the time!" he skeptically said, before continuing. 

"But that is not what I'm worried about. Something is surely wrong with Hillary. She has rarely been with us during the last few battles in the tournament... And I'm sure she was not with us during the winning celebration. I know she avoids the media like hell and all that, but she usually at least sits with the audience to cheer us. The last I properly remember seeing her with us was when she went in search of Kai to scold him not to quit beyblading."

But Max wasn't really buying Ray's theory at present, for he was sure that Hillary would have told them if something wasn't right. He steered the conversation to the previous topic. "Speaking of which, Kai surely acts a bit soft with Hillary around, haven't you noticed? For TWO YEARS we have been with Kai and even My 'Perfect-Puppy-Eyes' could not make him reduce our training and today, all of a sudden he makes such a big compromise!! That to because she DEMANDED!! I really do think something is up with them...(gasps) What if both Kai and Tyson have a crush on Hillary?!!"

Unlike Max, Ray looked more amused than worried. "Whao, Whao slow down Max... that really is far fetched!!! You don't have to be in love with someone to have a soft spot for them. Besides......"

"Hey guys. Are you free? Could I join you?" Tyson asked hesitantly.

"Of course Tyson."

"Thanks..." He hesitantly made his way to join us.

"So...What help do you want? Let me guess.... Girl advice?!!" Ray asked teasingly.

This made Tyson turn a hundred shades redder "I um-uh!! Huhh!! Was it that obvious?!!!" he asked a bit flustered. I and Rai could no longer stop ourselves as we started laughing uncontrollably.

"What's there to laugh about?! Guys!! I'm serious. Guys, come on!! Fine, I'll just leave then"

"Hey! wait up buddy."  Max elbowed Ray to stop him from laughing.

"Of course it was obvious, have you seen your face? You barely had anything for breakfast, you weren't HUNGRY and skipped lunch and FROM WHEN DID TYSON NEED A PERMISSION TO JOIN HIS BEST FRIENDS, huh?"

Tyson smiled sheepishly and asked "If you are done laughing could I know what I should do now?"

They both thought about it for a while and then Max asked "Do you really like her?"

"Well I, I don't know... We do fight a lot and I might have hurt her feelings the most among us, but I couldn't help but feel guilty for her being kidnapped just because she was spotted by those with me. I was able to release dragoon in the Third Match that day only because of my desperation to save her. And believe me or not, we were best friends for a few years before I fell in love with my beyblade and she with swimming tracks and books... "

"What?" we asked in unison for this unheard revelation.

"You still did not answer the question, Tyson... " Ray pointed.