CH 8

Ray had suggested the change of destination to the Granger's dojo, and for once, the officer and Ray agreed. They had brought Max home after a medical examination conformed that he had no serious injuries. All of them straightaway went to bed at one in the morning.

Ray felt very furious at the moment. I did say that Max needed rest yesterday. I did say, but the Officer wouldn't listen to me! Well, blaming him is of no use as Max himself refused to listen to me! Ray was very glad that grandpa wasn't in station, silently contemplating how he would react to the news.

No matter how many times Ray tossed and turned, sleep wouldn't claim him. He was worried about Kai. Tyson was surely an idiot, how come he hadn't called them yet! He couldn't blame Hillary, as she probably would have slept as soon as she got a chance.

The girl always found a way to help them.

It's a shame she didn't know how to blade.... Otherwise, ray was sure that she would have been an official member of Blade Breakers long ago now. But we shouldn't underestimate a to-be-National Swimming Champion either! Which she had not revealed to the Blade breakers until recently. She had become the Regional Champion just a few days before the Blade Breakers reunited. She had been avoiding public places ever since. It perfectly explained why she didn't want to go to the swimming pool in the first place. The first time Tyson won the argument, for she didn't want to reveal the reason, only to be upset by not being the center of attraction.

He still couldn't understand how Hillary, a reserved girl, who doesn't show off her achievements and practically has no ego, just a bit of temper, especially with Tyson, could fall for Tyson, who has an ego bigger than Mt Everest, was quite oblivious to simple things, could work harder than a bull when needed, and could mingle and make friends with practically anyone.

Maybe it's true when people say opposites attract.....

.
.
.

Ring! Ring!

Ray jolted awake at the sudden noise. I must have fallen asleep accidentally, he muses, sniffling a yawn. Who would call at this time? Oh, of course, Tyson! That's what I was thinking about yesterday!

"Tyson! Thank goodness you called, How's Kai?"

"Hey Ray, how did you know it was me?"

"It isn't everyday that you expect a call at bloody 3:30 am!"

"Yeah, you're right....he's fine, like he is stable for now, thanks to Hil."

"That's great! But why do you still sound dull? "

"He will be operated tomorrow and.... "

"And?"

"We need 55,000 yen by then Ray..."

"What?" Ray wasn't that good at managing Japanese currency, but he surely understood it was a large sum. "That's a huge amount to pay with a notice of twelve hours Tyson." he said. "I know. And don't worry, I have 25,000. How much could you contribute?"

"I-I don't have much ty, somewhere around 8000 as the rest was used for the development in my village. Max used his money to bail out his friend Alan. We could somehow make it up to 15,000 but after that......"

"That's awesome Ray, thank you so much!"

"But what will you do for the rest?"

"I thought of calling Mr. D, for you know, settling at least half of the prize..... "