CH 1 - Mustard sauce vs Chocolate? The real 'Being back to Normal'

The World Beyblading Championship had finally come to an end two days ago. After months of struggle, hardwork and dedication, life of the Blade Breakers, the World Champions of Beyblading for the second time in a row, was finally returning back to normal. The atmosphere surrounding the dojo was cheerful and pleasant, everyone relieved that things were finally taking a turn towards the better. 

Ray had gotten up early, around four in the morning, had gone hiking on the hill behind Tyson's school. He had meditated for some time below one of the shallow waterfalls and had taken a long refreshing bath before preparing breakfast for the rest of the boys, at nine in the morning. 

Usually, this duty was taken up by Grandpa Granger. But Grandpa had to leave abruptly for some sort of family emergency and being the oldest member in the house, the responsibility of making sure everyone is fed fell on his shoulders. But he didn't mind though, for Ray loved cooking. 

******

The two-time World Champion, Tyson Granger, had slept in after almost three months. He had begrudgingly woken up at nine, when Max had woken him up with the same amount of reluctance. Max was, without doubt, the only one who had the slimest chance to wake him up besides grandpa, and that too without resorting to unconventional means.

Apparently, Ray had warned Max that sudden relaxation after months of hard work could make a person sick. Hence, he two best friends had left the comforts of their bed to freshen up with just as much of reluctance.

******

Within moments of serving breakfast, Ray was  helping Tyson with a second helping. Max mouth was still slightly open in disbelief as he took a moment to observe Tyson eat without a slightest regard for table manners, as though this would be the last time he would be having food in his life. Ray was quite sure that, apart from beyblading, there wasn't anything more important in Tyson's priority list than to sleep and eat. 

*******

Kenny, commonly known as Chief among the beybladers, was present in the veranda, working with Dizzy, Kenny's bit- beast who was embedded in a laptop. They two seemed to be the only two working on anything related to beyblading that day. They were repairing the beyblades that had sustained heavy damages by the end of the tournament.

Surprisingly, the worst weathered beyblade was not that of Tyson, who's dragoon had simultaneously battled Cerberus, Dranzer and Draziel at the final battle with Zeo preceding an intense battle against Gordo. It was Max's and Kai's, as both of them had had a face-off with Zeo and had their bitbeasts, Draziel and Dranzer respectively,  forcefully separated from their owners. 

Ray's bit beast, White Tiger, was the only one to pass through the tournament with the least damages, for he never had the chance to face Zeo. Kenny had fixed Ray's Blade first, for it only needed a few adjustments. Then he had fixed up Dranzer, who's owner wouldn't let him open the core of the beyblade, for Kai's gear system, which can spin in both directions at will, at times absorbing energy form the opponent's blade, was his own work of ingenuity.

Kenny had finally finished the repairs yesterday night, shortly after which Kai had left the dojo, and as of now, they still had no news of him. But it didn't worry anyone much anymore, for they were all used to Kai's working by then. Kai these days even left them small clues like washed up dishes, made up bed, etc to inform them he had been here when no one was around, mostly in the dead of night.

Kenny looked up as a sudden sound reverberated through the hall, panicking for a second. He had not been expecting any sort of trouble for the day, at least not after the championship was over. And Thank God, he was right.  

******

Soon after breakfast, Tyson and Max started discussing which movie to watch for the day. Max was listing off a number of recent Hollywood movies, while Tyson tried persuading Max to try Japanese movies for once.