CH 7 - Official Tyson... Official. Next Year Finals, we will meet.

Hillary started examining Kai as soon as she reached him, giving no thought to her surroundings. From the looks of his injury, the bullet had pierced his left chest, dangerously close to his heart.

Tyson was frozen in his place unable to process what exactly happened. Kenny was trying to reach out for an ambulance. Ray was searching for a First Aid Kit. The studio was completely empty by then. None of the audience, none of the studio workers had stayed back to help. She sat down next to Kai and began talking,

"Hey Kai, believe me or not, I'm a Junior Medical Assistant in training. I know you won't like this, but you'll have to let me help you." She said, her voice soothing and gentle. "I'm no fool Hil.. I know." Kai hissed back, his voice barely reaching her ears. Hillary further bent down to listen to him.

"Lie flat on the floor and stretch your hands and legs, Kai. I'll tear open your shirt. First, I'll examine your wound. Then, I'll inform you what I'll do next. Okay?" He slightly nodded and followed her instructions.

The shirt was way too elastic for Hillary to tear it with her bare hands. Just then Ray brought her a First-Aid Kit. She hastily opened it and took out the scissors. She started a conversation with him to keep him awake as she cut open his shirt. "Kai, you awake? "

"Hn.. "

For the first time in her life, she wasn't upset with his universal answer. "Continue taking deep breaths, Kai. You'll have to stay awake till the time we reach the hospital... it is for being on a safer side. Otherwise, you may enter a coma."

"Easier said than Done." he huffed. Hillary didn't know what to say to this. She struggled to find the right words. "I kno-underst.... That's why I'm here to help you." he didn't respond back.

She was thinking of keeping their conversation alive. She knew that under no circumstances, even life or death, would Kai open up about his personal life. She had to keep Kai's attention away from the pain and keep him conscious at the least until reaching the hospital. But how? She knew the answer, but was hesitant to try it out.

"I'm not able to connect with any of the nearby hospitals! My network is down. What shall we do?!" shrieked Kenny, highly frustrated at Dizzy's incompetence in times of crisis.

The beginnings of an idea formed in Hillary's mind. "Tyson!!" she called out urgently.
Her sudden scream jolted him back to reality. "Y-ye-yes Hil." he stammered, coming towards her.

"Take my phone from the purse there on the couch. Search for Suzie's number. Call her. She's the receptionist at a hospital downtown. She's always available online." He stared at her dumbfounded for a second and then ran to the couch. He staggered to pull the phone out of the purse and then tried to unlock the phone.

"What's the damn password Hil!" he shouted. She calmly answered back. "The Blade Breakers. Capital T, B and B without any spacing." He unlocked the phone with trembling hands and dialled her number.

While Tyson explained the situation to Suzie, Hillary turned her attention back to Kai.
"Where is Max?" Kai asked. True.. Hillary hadn't seen him since the day before yesterday. Kai continued, "I think I pushed him a little too hard... he might need help too."

"Yeah Kai, I-I'll...."

"I'm here Kai. Don't worry, I'm fine. It feels funny to say this, (smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes) but talk less and follow instructions for once.... " Kai lips formed the beginnings of a smirk, but his face contorted again due to pain. Max was trying hard to keep up a strong face but the guilt was slowly seeping into his thoughts.