CH 14 - Showing Faith.

"The assassin had disguised himself  as a doctor checking on Kai, Tyson.  Hillary was there with him then. Somewhere along the line, she must have realised that he was no doctor and had come to harm-to kill Kai. 

I had been with her few minutes before that happened. Kai had woken up and Hillary sent me to call the police officers for the enquiry. She stood up to the assassin, defending Kai. She must have even fought with the assassin, seeing the state he was in. But she was gravely injured in the process. Her neck was swollen, her head was banged up to the wall many times, her entire hair was damp with blood. The assassin hit her shoulder with the wooden footrest at the patient's cot, it was broken into pieces. The doctors fear she might have broken her shoulder bone or cracked her skull. On top of it, he buried a blade in her shoulder. 

Do you know what is the worst among it all? When she got too week to fight, he tried tried taking-took advantage of her. You do understand what I mean, don't you?" Tyson's eyes widened as the realization that the reality was way worse than what he imagined sunk in. 

******

Tyson couldn't think of what to say, what to do. He felt trapped in some hellish nightmare, wishing so much that he would wake up from it soon. He had excused himself soon after she told him of everything, for he couldn't bring himself to cry in front of an utter stranger. But the tears never came, nor did the cold feeling when he splashed his face with water repeatedly. All he could feel was numbness, an empty feeling. 

Knowing he couldn't keep Susie waiting forever, he made his way back to her after drying his face. He found Susie waiting for him at a corner. Hillary's CT scan is done. Thankfully, there's no bone fracture or displacement. Her wounds are being taken care of right now. Kai also has been shifted to another ward since his room is... the crime scene." "Can you take me to Hillary then?" he immediately asked. "I'll see what I can do." she affirmed back. 

He and Susie were waiting just outside the ward where Hillary was being treated. For convenience, it was also present on the third floor. The number of policemen and hospital staff had drastically decreased. Only a doctor who was treating Hillary and a police officer remained. The doctor had strictly prohibited anyone from entering until she herself gave them the permission. The police man himself had needed a lot of persuasion to let them, Tyson especially, to even wait near her ward. 

He had been unusually quiet for the last one hour, just staring into space, for he couldn't think that anything had to be said about the matter at hand. Hillary had been molested. The sentence didn't seem to sink in no matter how much he thought of it, how many times he repeated it in his head. It all felt unreal. How could his life change so drastically in a matter of one day, twenty-four hours? 

Yesterday, he was on moon nine, laughing and enjoying himself at a talk show, basking in his stardom, and today, he was sitting in a hospital with an utter stranger for company, one of his best friend was shot, the other was molested, his mother figure suffering in a ward below after an accident, and he had completely no idea what to do. 

When the doctor finally came out, Susie stood up immediately. Tyson followed suit. "What are you doing here? And who's this?" "Ma'am, this is Tyson Granger, Hillary's boyfriend." she introduced me. He didn't bother correcting her. He just wanted to see Hillary. The doctor's face contorted in annoyance. "I thought my instructions were clear Susie. I wanted you to inform a family member, her parents preferably." Tyson took the initiative. "Ma'am, Hillary's mother met with an accident a few days ago. She in the very same hospital, not yet conscious. Hillary's father is unavailable, most likely in another country due to business reasons. She's their only child. Hillary's boyfriend I may be" the word still sounded so foreign to his tongue. "but our families have been friends for as long as I can remember. Hillary was my first friend, she is still one of my best friends. Please let me see her doctor, I mean no harm. " he pleaded.